Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Comsumption in Assetto Corsa
Yeah, I remember something like this, too. I think iRacing just takes into account the position of the gas pedal, so there shortshifting doesn't work and AC also takes some simplified approach.

But even if coasting does not work as intended this does not help with the fact that fuel consumption in (some?) GT cars is too low and thus does not allow for more realistic tactics, though I suspect, that even with higher fuel consumption the splash and dash tactic might be working best.

Just not to give a false impression: I generally really like the longer races here on SRS very much, only the fuel consumption for some cars in AC seems to be off to me so I tried to come up with a more realistic idea. Of course implementing higher fuel consumption for certain races and cars also has its downsides if someone does not think about higher fuel consumption and builds his pit stop tactic based on 100% fuel consumption. Also I wouldn't advise to change the rules during a season. I just thought to bring up the point in order that we can discuss pro and cons in a time such that there is enough time to change the rules for the next season (if a change is deemed necessary, that is). Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel Comsumption in Assetto Corsa - by Michael Singhof - 03-14-2018, 10:42 AM