Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should SRS save replays for each race (including all splits, if applicable)?
Having had issues with AC not saving all of the replays from a given race (and I've noticed a couple of other people have been having issues as well), I'm wondering what other's thoughts are in regards to SRS perhaps setting up a system where the replay(s) for each race (and all of the splits of those races if applicable) are saved on a server for a given amount of time.

At first I was thinking 48 hours (the limit for submitting protests) would be a good starting point, but I can imagine that might be unrealistic: if there are 34 races per day (both AC and AMS), each taking roughly 600 MB (including qualifying), you can do the math (it's roughly 20.5 GB per day, or 41 GB per 48 hours).

Maybe a more reasonable expectation would be to store 12 hours worth of replays. This should give people plenty of time to look at the footage, record the relevant snippet (or the whole race if they so wish), upload it, and submit the protest form (if applicable).

What are everyone's thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Should SRS save replays for each race (including all splits, if applicable)? - by Ronan Thomson - 01-27-2018, 03:53 AM