Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simpit Ferrari 312/67 Series Over!
(11-19-2017, 06:40 PM)Fernando Deutsch Wrote:  I was very happy to drive something different than your regular GT2/GT3 cars. The F 312 is not a hard car to drive, you just have understand and respect it, and as said, you have to practice practice practice.

Congrats to Jorge for his championship, he was unlucky at the first races, but then he got everything right. I wished to run the last race but had some reallife commitments.

Series was fun, but I would have preffered to use different tracks for this car. Instead of the horrible Fuji and Riverside, probably some OTB tracks like Brands Hatch which is almost the same as the one used on the 60's and Silverstone 67 for sure.

The F 312 is far more challenging than pretty much any other car I've driven in this sim, personally. No aero (so all grip is about your tyres and the track condition... see below), lots of oversteer, unstable in straights without setup tweaking. I think for Green Hell someone was just filling up the tank just to add weight stability! Yeah, once you get used to it you can start doing adequate laps, but the problem I found is that if any tiny thing goes wrong, you will likely spin out and likely take others out if you happen to be next to anyone when it happens. 

Not to mention that the track grip for qualifying and racing didn't always line up with any of my solo practice sessions, nor practice sessions on the practice server. Nothing is worse than practicing a ton to get the more difficult corners down on a track only to have to completely re-learn it on the fly during qualifying because the grip is 2% worse than what you've been grinding on.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simpit Ferrari 312/67 Series Over! - by Russell Sobie - 11-19-2017, 10:03 PM