Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stay or go
Hi,

After two nights of agonizing myself a few observations:
- cars behave differently offline than online

Yesterday I tried the Fiesta and it was close to undrivable, but after the race it turned offline pretty good (with no different settings on the same track, strange). 
Since offline training is the only option it proves difficult to prepare.
Today I started with the Porsche on Monza and I thought I was prepared being driving offline.
It was as if I was driving another car, so slipery (after seeing tyre wear on 200, I get the point where this came from, but why).
- If miss a corner the time penalty is way too high, it costed me more than a minute as a result of restarting counters when moving a millimeter (normally you have to slow down, this time a complete stand still was required). 20 seconds is long, but if they keep restarting it's agonizing.

What kind of a rookie must I be with almost two years of simracing experience in AC and also having some hours in iracing.
So my experience is very mixed, the system is tempting, but it takes way more preparation than in iracing, as a result of the differences online and offline. It looks hardly impossibe to prepare.
Maybe too steep for the starter and that may hold people of more than you want as a hoster of this platform (pity because this is a good idea and platform).
So I'm not sure, two frustrating nights are not inviting to continue.
Maybe I had two wrong cars as an example, did I?

Nevertheless thanks for letting me in, who knows, maybe I will continue and find my way in driving on this platform.

Messages In This Thread
Stay or go - by Roelof van der Zee - 08-10-2022, 08:55 PM
RE: Stay or go - by Alexander Persil - 08-10-2022, 11:19 PM
RE: Stay or go - by Handy Hanafiah - 08-11-2022, 03:06 AM
RE: Stay or go - by Roelof van der Zee - 08-11-2022, 06:30 AM
RE: Stay or go - by Ilmari Ylitalo - 08-11-2022, 06:40 AM
RE: Stay or go - by Ilmari Ylitalo - 08-11-2022, 08:11 AM