Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: What is the ideal season length?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
≤3 weeks
2.63%
1 2.63%
4 weeks
39.47%
15 39.47%
5 weeks
7.89%
3 7.89%
6 weeks
44.74%
17 44.74%
7 weeks
0%
0 0%
≥8 weeks
2.63%
1 2.63%
No opinion
2.63%
1 2.63%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would be your preferred season length?
Question 
As we all know, player numbers have significantly decreased over the past year. I also had the feeling that over the course of a 6 week season, registration numbers would slowly drop. And then they would suddenly peak again in the first week of the new season. So I decided to examine several championships of the last few seasons to check my theory. I chose last season's Youtuber series, last season's entry-level MX-5 cup, and September/October's open-wheel Tatuus series. Below are several column charts of the number of participants per day and per round. 

[Image: RVYclme.png]

[Image: XTYtpaY.png][Image: 1qy3SQN.png]

My take on these charts:
  • Compared to weekdays, there are more registrations on weekends. No surprises there.
  • Mondays/Tuesdays are relatively popular as well. New car/track combos are exciting.
  • Registrations certainly dwindle over 6 weeks. This could be explained by 1) players becoming bored with the cars or 2) players losing out in the championship and giving up. Maybe shorter seasons would solve 1) and increase average player numbers. 
  • Fan favourites such as Spa and Brands Hatch attract more players (surprise surprise). Racing popular tracks near the end of the season might help even out participation numbers over the course of a season.
Looking at the charts, I think 4 weeks per season and putting popular tracks last would benefit SRS. What do you make of these numbers? Would a shorter season help increase participation or would it just increase the frequency of the meager last rounds? I will try to include a poll so you can vote!

Messages In This Thread
What would be your preferred season length? - by Christopher Magan - 12-13-2021, 04:58 PM