Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just some honest feedback of my feelings
I appreciate the feedbacks here, but being honest, I don't mind being slower than everyone.  I don't mind a bit.  In fact, I prefer it.  The racing here is clean and I can learn a lot.  I'm perfectly happy with being a backmarker here, and I consider staying with the pack to be a victory.  I would honestly rather race here where I'm a backmarker than this other place that I race where I'm frequently top 3 and very commonly top 10.
I'm sure there are rookies who leave because they can't keep up.  But, at the risk of sounding selfish, me struggling to keep up is actually a positive for me.  I like it.  It gives me a high bar to aim for.  What my problem is is that if me and my friend decide we want to race Miata's today, we have a total of 2 races over the course of 5 hours that either of us could realistically make.  Likewise, we wanted to try the Caterhams this week for something fun.  But there's only ONE race of them a day, and it's at a really inconvenient hour for me.
The SRS schedule has no room for a pair of racers who have 2-3 hours in the day to get some racing in.  We could go where we currently go and have a Miata race every 30 minutes for a total of up to 6 races, back to back.  OR we could come here and race a maximum of 2 races, but realistically probably 1 race a day.  The choice is obvious to us, even though we frequently wish we could be back here on SRS with the clean, good racers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just some honest feedback of my feelings - by Eric Eddinger - 12-05-2021, 04:46 AM