Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just some honest feedback of my feelings
I don't know about you, but I rarely find myself into a position where I can fight for a podium, I am a slow driver. And I have to say, I enjoy the races nonentheless.

The problem is not racing against aliens, you can have the same fun racing for a 10th position than racing for the victory, the problem is that you need people of your same skill to have fun. If you race against 20 people, and and there are 10 players of the same level, you'll have fun, even when the remainer 10 are faster than you, and even if 3-4 of these are aliens. SRS is dying because of the lack of players, very often I find myself joining a race and not even bothering starting it because only 2-3 people have joined. People is moving into other games, pretty much anyone interested in racing GT3/GT4 cars has moved to competizione, with good reason, and there are many platforms out there for that game. Assetto Corsa is a really nice game, but it is almost 8 years old, and altough it is still one of the most popular games, there are so many disciplines and options that the whole community is very divided when it comes to multiplayer races.

Personally, I am only interested in playing Assetto Corsa for racing open wheelers, and I keep coming to SRS only for that kind of races. I do like driving GT3 cars, but I am no interested in 20min races with fixed weather, we have much better alternatives now. I think they have done the right thing reducing the number of series, hopefully that will help introducing new players, because as of today, new players do not tend to choose an 8 years-old game in which you have to install quite a fair amount of mods in order to get the maximum out of it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just some honest feedback of my feelings - by Juan Gonzalez Gamo - 11-28-2021, 12:42 PM