Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just some honest feedback of my feelings
I want to preface this with some positivity first.  I love SRS.  I haven't raced a lot here, but I've done several races and each time I'm left nothing short of impressed at the speed, but importantly, the cleanliness of the racing here.  The way everyone here takes racing clean so seriously, but is also capable of doing so while going seconds faster than me on any given track is honestly a massive feeling.  Awe, perhaps even.  Mad respect to the racing community here.
That said, I haven't been racing here a lot and this post is going to entail why.  I've been playing over on some recent competition (not going to name it) to this group. But being honest, I'd rather be racing against the people here.  The quality and skill level of the people on this other competing service is measurably lower, and the service itself is much younger and much less organized and the racing as a result is generally much less satisfying than it is here on SRS.  So why am I playing there?  Well that's where I'm going to criticize SRS.
Now definitely take this as opinion, preference, and personal taste.  This is just how I want things to be organized, it's not a claim to objective improvement or superiority.  That being said, it all comes down to the scheduling.  SRS's schedule isn't conducive to the way I want to race.  Me and my friend tend to get together and bang out 2-4 hours of racing depending on the day or situation.  So to do this on SRS, we have to jump between 3+ cars and 3+ tracks.  Due to the nature of us not knowing all the tracks, and us being probably at best somewhere in the lower middle range of the skill level here, we don't want to jump between cars and tracks.  We want to focus on preferably one car, and preferably one track.  We want to just back to back race the same car on the same track so that we can improve on the car and the track, rather than get one shot at a race a day and then have to wait 3-4 hours at a minimum before we can get back into that car on that track.  And again, I want to emphasize, I'm just expressing my desires here.  There's obviously no obligation for SRS to fulfill my desires over anyone else's.
So here's my proposed solution:
Every week there would be a Miata or equally powered series (I like the underpowered racing, and H-shifting makes things all the more fun, but I would be willing to rotate other cars in).  There would be a 25-30 minute race every hour.  With 10 min qualifying and 30 min race you could get done and have a few minutes before the next one if you want.  The finer details I'm less concerned with, just so long as I can race the same car on the same track back to back a few times is what I'm after.
But yeah, this is just an honest expression of where I'm at and how things could improve for me specifically.  Not to say the way things are done now isn't good or doesn't work, just that it doesn't work as well for me personally.  I'd really like to race here more rather than anywhere else, but the schedule just doesn't agree with me.

Messages In This Thread
Just some honest feedback of my feelings - by Eric Eddinger - 11-19-2021, 07:29 PM