Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: What is the ideal season length?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
≤3 weeks
2.63%
1 2.63%
4 weeks
39.47%
15 39.47%
5 weeks
7.89%
3 7.89%
6 weeks
44.74%
17 44.74%
7 weeks
0%
0 0%
≥8 weeks
2.63%
1 2.63%
No opinion
2.63%
1 2.63%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would be your preferred season length?
(12-14-2021, 12:24 PM)Donnchadh MacGarry Wrote:  Another thing that could help keep up participation in a 6 week season is that the championship standings would only count the best 5 results out of the 6 for each driver. That way if a driver misses a week or has a bad race early on, they might be less inclined to drop out of a championship if they feel its not worth it due to being so far behind in the standings. Discounting the worst result gives them a second chance. I've used that system in another discord championship I partake in and it definitely is something that was liked by the majority there. There can be issues with it though and it can be gamed. For example, a person might decided to cause an incident on the last week because they can guarantee themselves a certain position in the championship if the first 5 races are going to be the best results for them and the other driver they crash into.

Lovely idea! The risk of a protest should prevent such incidents from taking place

(12-15-2021, 08:47 AM)Ilmari Ylitalo Wrote:  The participant count declines towards the end of season but that would prolly happen in shorter series too.

That is something I considered as well and might very well be true. Only testing would give a definite answer, I suppose. Our championships are relatively short already since a season in iRacing is 12 weeks. To me, that sounds incredibly long. But maybe that is the origin of our six-week seasons (half an iRacing season?). I checked iRacing's registration numbers to see whether that would offer any insight. But their numbers don't tell me anything. Do we have a data scientist here on SRS? Big Grin

iRacing charts:
[Image: XxjdNws.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would be your preferred season length? - by Christopher Magan - 12-20-2021, 12:13 PM