Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community question: Should you fight with faster cars when they come out of the pits
(01-06-2021, 03:26 PM)Thierry Roldan Wrote:  Hi everyone,
Right after yesterday's GT3 1h race I was reading the comments in the chat and something came up which drew my attention. I was not involved myself but it did raise a question:

Should you fight with faster cars when they come out of the pits and you are on a different strategy?

I tend to go long on my pit stop because I like a fresh set of softs to attack at the end. I'm a midfield driver. That means that I often find myself racing against the leaders when they come out of the pits mid race. I tend not to fight and just let them through but I can understand the more ruthless approach. I mean, it is for position. It is a race. You are in front on merit even though the strategy isn't the same.

I'm curious to know what you think.

Peace
that depends really if they are just faster at that point in the race it may be worth defending. but if you are not fighting for a possible position then you are just holding both of you up and risking an incident for no gain. you are well within your rights to defend position as you say but doesnt necessary mean it is the best thing for you to do as you will always be slower trying to defend a position than just driving to the racing line

Messages In This Thread
RE: Community question: Should you fight with faster cars when they come out of the pits - by Simon Merritt - 01-06-2021, 03:38 PM