Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Assetto Corsa Skin Transfer App V1.1
(04-24-2018, 08:36 AM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  Any confirmation on the theory that you have to take part in two races for the skin to update ?

You mean if you already have a skin uploaded for a particular car? I don't know for sure but after having issues trying to update an old skin I decided with another car to change the resolution of the skin so that the file size was different. I've gotten the "Your skin has been updated" message straight away after that on any car that I update.
Yes, but as someone else said earlier, I also got the "skin updated" message but the skin was not updated on the youtube video. And I've made another change since then, but I'll probably do two races tonight so we'll know for sure.
Good point, I haven't checked the broadcasts after updating a skin. Ah well keep us informed of how your test goes, would be nice to know for sure.
So, I got only one race yesterday but I got the second one an hour ago. And the results are weird:
- I got the "skin updated" message on both occasions
- I had changed 3 things on my skin : some details on the body, the color of the rims and the back number plate. On the youtube video, only the backplate was updated, the rest was as in V1 of the skin...
I don't know what to think. I'll try a third tonight.
Okay, so, 3rd connection with V2 of the skin : got the "skin ok" message but youtube still shows V1 with the V2 backplate. What gives ?!

Edit: 4th edition : the backplate, the wheels but not the body...

Guys, that friggin' skin won't update. What do I do ?
That sounds like a bug with however the app tells the SRSTV client to update its skins or not. At the very least it should diff every file it has in the same directory as someone joining with a valid custom skin. Any changes at all it either needs to restart right before the race, or it needs to at least update the skin so the NEXT race is is updated.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Finally, it's properly updated, it took 5 races.
Hi !

I made a Skin for the Seat Leon TCR. The file is named in the good way, but I' can't do anything to reduce the file size I changed image sizes for the blur etc etc, now the file size is about 16,2 MB. I know it should be less than 10 MB, but i see that the other car files (original mod skins) are like mine 16,33 at least most of them, I didn't see any car skin mod lees than 10MB..so what can i do to reduce the file size? I did everything I could, but still being 16,22 MB.

Thxs!!
(05-29-2018, 10:44 AM)Marcel Alemany Wrote:  Hi !

I made a Skin for the Seat Leon TCR. The file is named in the good way, but I' can't do anything to reduce  the file size  I changed image sizes for the blur etc etc, now the file size is about 16,2 MB. I know it should be less than 10 MB, but i see that the other car files (original mod skins) are like mine 16,33 at least most of them, I didn't see any  car skin mod lees than 10MB..so what can i do to reduce the file size? I did everything I could, but still being 16,22 MB.

Thxs!!

Use something like Gimp or the dds plugin for photoshop and use DXT3 compression for every files or just the main skin, you will see you can easily divide the size of the files by 2 or 3 without too much quality degradation. Typically you can get a 2048x2048 car skin at 4 MB in DXT3.
Some body skins also use an Alpha Channel for no reason, and DTX3 or 5 will include that channel as part of the image, even though the skin doesn't need it. Usually when I start a skin (if it has a template) I'll look at the Alpha channel and if it is all black or all white I'll just delete the channel, and that's going to be a little bit of data saved. And as James says, changing the method of DDS export to a higher compression value will usually do the trick. Another thing you can usually get rid of is things like Gloves or Helmets or Crew skins. If those aren't present, you will just use whatever the default for those items are.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz