Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to start in VR ??? Pls help
"this app supports VR but you have chosen to start in the desktop version."

Yesterday it worked but today it is like that when I tried joina the race.
If I choose to start via VR then I will not connect to the server but will get there via multiplayer-menu to see the simracing system server. But then a password is needed to join.
What am I doing wrong?

Or can anyone tell me the password? 

I have filled in "-vr" in edit profile in RRE cmd:
add your cmd parameters ex: -vr
Super frustrating to sit and wait for the race and then not been able to join. 5 out of 6 times it hasn't worked Sad
(04-10-2019, 07:18 PM)Andreas Andersson Wrote:  "this app supports VR but you have chosen to start in the desktop version."

If I choose to start via VR then I will not connect to the server but will get there via multiplayer-menu to see the simracing system server. But then a password is needed to join.
What am I doing wrong?

Super frustrating to sit and wait for the race and then not been able to join. 5 out of 6 times it hasn't worked Sad

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=4100

Quote:Now, I can try to tell you my settings: in Steam, I got nothing in the launch parameters for the game window, you don't need it anymore, when I practice I launch the game using the SteamVR option, if you still got launch parameters, delete them; now open SteamVR and right click on it to get on the settings, in the "developer" section there should be something like "Start SteamVR when you start an application", make sure you got that checked; now in the SRS website, click on your name next to Log out, and on your user CP, under edit profile, I got my "RRE cmd" set to -vr 2.0, use the numbers you feel confident with or none (just -vr)
Now close everything for good, like you just started your PC, open just Steam (NOT SteamVR, never click on it!), then the SRS app, register and join once again... you shouldn't even see SteamVR launching, that is gonna happen in the background... like I said SteamVR seams to interfere with the SRS app somehow, this are the only stable settings I found to join SRS races; if this is going to work remember, when you finish a race and want to join the next one, to always close SteamVR first!
If after doing everything like I said, is still not working, then it's probably not something about VR launching, and you gonna need to double check the instructions for the app and make sure you did everything right (check carefully, might be something very small and stupid, from the correct username in the edit profile on SRS to the correct folder where you unzipped the downloaded app)

Only thing I would change from my guide is to always set a number after the "-vr" command, depending on the resolution you're using in steam VR: if it is 160% then insert 1.6 after "-vr" (cmd line should look like this "-vr 1.6"), if you're using 210% put 2.1 and so on...
Thank you very much! I Will try this when I get back home. Many many thanks! You are my hero Big Grin

Edit: Thanx man! You saved me. Making sure I didnt run SteamVR when I launched the game via SRS app did the trick!
(04-11-2019, 06:54 PM)Lorenzo Andalò Wrote:  
(04-10-2019, 07:18 PM)Andreas Andersson Wrote:  "this app supports VR but you have chosen to start in the desktop version."

What am I doing wrong?

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=4100

Quote:Now, I can try to tell you my settings: in Steam, I got nothing in the launch parameters for the game window, you don't need it anymore, when I practice I launch the game using the SteamVR option, if you still got launch parameters, delete them; now open SteamVR and right click on it to get on the settings, in the "developer" section there should be something like "Start SteamVR when you start an application", make sure you got that checked; now in the SRS website, click on your name next to Log out, and on your user CP, under edit profile, I got my "RRE cmd" set to -vr 2.0, use the numbers you feel confident with or none (just -vr)
Now close everything for good, like you just started your PC, open just Steam (NOT SteamVR, never click on it!), then the SRS app, register and join once again... you shouldn't even see SteamVR launching, that is gonna happen in the background... like I said SteamVR seams to interfere with the SRS app somehow, this are the only stable settings I found to join SRS races; if this is going to work remember, when you finish a race and want to join the next one, to always close SteamVR first!
If after doing everything like I said, is still not working, then it's probably not something about VR launching, and you gonna need to double check the instructions for the app and make sure you did everything right (check carefully, might be something very small and stupid, from the correct username in the edit profile on SRS to the correct folder where you unzipped the downloaded app)

Only thing I would change from my guide is to always set a number after the "-vr" command, depending on the resolution you're using in steam VR: if it is 160% then insert 1.6 after "-vr" (cmd line should look like this "-vr 1.6"), if you're using 210% put 2.1 and so on...

Been having trouble starting in VR myself so will give this guide a go, if it works, this post should be stickied for us VR users!!!