Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next level implementations for SRS
Hey, I want to tell you a few ideas that I thought could be alright. But first, want to congratulate you, admin (if you're reading this) for creating this AMAZING system/mod. I'm very inexperienced in sim racing (just got into it 3 or 4 months ago), but when I see something great, I can realize it ain't any type of mediocre thing, this is that case, and I tkink it can get a little bit better.
Actually, there is no discussion iRacing has the best online service in sim racing, and I'm not talking about physics, licences, graphics, etc, I'm talking about ratings and how massive and organized it is. Here in SRS we actually have a rating (wich I think only admins know how it works), but i think it's just a number, no matter what you have, you are able to compete in basically all of the categories. I'm 100% sure this have been proposed before, but anyway this are my implemetations:

1) Have two separate ratings, one for the skill of the driver (based on hotlaps and developement in the races for example), and another one for establishing how clean the driver is (based on offtracks, crashes, jump-starts and all kinds of penalties).

2) Establishing "classes" based on the ratings that I previously talked about. I think that maybe it's better that the majority of races are organized depending on the category, so the "bad" drivers race together for learning how to behave in the track with other guys. For example, the main objective is that people race with somebody with the same level of "skill" rating, and in a second order, this people has to race with somebody with the same "clean" rating. The skill rating allows you to utilize more cars, for example, the noobs start with abarth, then if you get more rating you are allowed to race with gt3.

3) This one is a game-changer, it's the utilization of stracker and ptracker. I'm sure that any other member told you about this, and I don't know why it's not implemented, but I'm sure it will be an amazing addon. Mostly to compare laps and organizing the championships.

4) Obligatory utilization of helicorsa/car radar/crew chief (any kind of spotter). I know this apps are very popular in the community, but always there's a chance somebody insn't using them and are maybe causing accidents.

5) Establishing some ping limits it's a key factor for having a good racing experience, it's very annoying share track with a car that you just don't know where it is, makes things even more difficult, lots of accidents can happen and races can be ruined because a guy with really high ping

I know all of these require tons of people using SRS, but I really trust in the community and hoping they share this ideas in forums and upvoting this on reddit. If that happens, we can make Assetto Corsa's online service get to a different level, sure it takes a lot of work, but as I said, the community here is really good, so maybe if each one can contribute with little things, this could come true. So my final implementation is:

5) Spam everywhere, in forums, discord chats, facebook pages, etc, that if they want to race the best way to do it it's via SRS. The main objective it's to get more people in here so that when you race, there's people with your same level. I think there are lots of people that don't want to race here because they aren't that fast.We have to emphazise more than anything that SRS is for everybody, and if you are a total noob in sim racing (like me), you can race with people of the same level and learn all together without getting smashed by fast guys.

That's the end of this post, maybe it's long, but can help a lot to AC's online and of course the drivers themselves. I hope you enjoyed it and please tell me if you agree or disagree with this. Thank you all for taking some minutes for reading this.
Please.... Don't make helicorsa manditory crew chief etc.
Please no ping limits, some races already have super low participation.
Please no classes. You don't have enough drivers for this.
Decency?
You can consider yourself lucky with a 1 month ban. If you ever write anything stupid again you're out for good.

(08-14-2018, 03:32 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  AT some point, SRS admin needs to take it to themselves and have the decency to announce what will happen and what will not.

-Classes is no longer needed since SRS is already using the current rating system as a limit if they want to allow you or not to race in particular series' with rating limits. It all comes down to having many of those series.
-PING... even iRacing don't have a ping limit, instead, it kicks you out once your connection gets too slow to respond, or way too much packet loss. AFAIK, it can kick you out even on 50 ping while others can race with 250 ping just fine. It can be a CPU issue, slow system, drivers, others software running, etc... PING is the easiest thing to attack, but honestly... this is a rabbit hole and PING IS NOT THE CULPRIT! Yes here we go again, SRS admin really needs to speak up about this.

I can't reply on some other things, but the spamming... You can do that and I will not disagree... but serious sim racers will look for places they can race cleanly and happily, at least that's how I found iRacing and SRS. Inviting some random walkers doesn't mean instant population boost without drawbacks. More trolls is also a part of the equation.
(08-15-2018, 12:34 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  Decency?
You can consider yourself lucky with a 1 month ban. If you ever write anything stupid again you're out for good.

(08-14-2018, 03:32 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  AT some point, SRS admin needs to take it to themselves and have the decency to announce what will happen and what will not.

-Classes is no longer needed since SRS is already using the current rating system as a limit if they want to allow you or not to race in particular series' with rating limits. It all comes down to having many of those series.
-PING... even iRacing don't have a ping limit, instead, it kicks you out once your connection gets too slow to respond, or way too much packet loss. AFAIK, it can kick you out even on 50 ping while others can race with 250 ping just fine. It can be a CPU issue, slow system, drivers, others software running, etc... PING is the easiest thing to attack, but honestly... this is a rabbit hole and PING IS NOT THE CULPRIT! Yes here we go again, SRS admin really needs to speak up about this.

I can't reply on some other things, but the spamming... You can do that and I will not disagree... but serious sim racers will look for places they can race cleanly and happily, at least that's how I found iRacing and SRS. Inviting some random walkers doesn't mean instant population boost without drawbacks. More trolls is also a part of the equation.

lol what just happened, why would you ban him ?  No wonder no one uses this forum ...
Yet another stupid post from you.
just because you got lucky before, doesn't mean it would last forever.

(08-15-2018, 02:25 PM)Almor R Sousa Wrote:  
(08-15-2018, 12:34 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  Decency?

lol what just happened, why would you ban him ?  No wonder no one uses this forum ...
Well...SRS is free and iRacing isn`t. Enough to make any comparisons irrelevant imo. You say you`re new here then let me say to you that I see admins improving many things here. Little steps, you know.

I`m a slow guy yet I get good races here. I`m thankful that such initiatives as SRS exist in the first place. Now AC is kind of old now. The new ACC and GTR games are coming...we`ll see how things change in the future.

For me I didn`t know about SRS until I saw GamerMuscle use it and in good time too as I was about to abandon R3E. I think youtubers do the best job of promoting SRS races.
Hi Dino.

1. The separation of licenses is not necessary from my point of view. With the participation that there is, you will compete with pilots the same pilots now and later.

2. We return to the same problem, participation. If we have categories limited by rating, participation per server is dispersed.

3. You have the hotlaps included in the SRS website and it is not necessary to add another APP.

4. My opinion is that any pilot that is in SRS will use this type of App (I use Crewchief).

5. Controversial topic. Are there drivers with connection ping problems? Do you have the problem? PC problem?

Last point. We are many who are in the forum of Sector3 and Ac publicizing and giving voice to SRS. Also on twitter and in my case, in the Spanish simracing community.

The youtubers are the best weapon to increase participation and in that, the admin had a good eye.

Personally I am delighted with SRS although now my participation is rather low (holidays and children).

However, after talking about these points in several previous threads I will launch a proposal that I have not read yet since 2016.

A facelift to the web format Smile Smile Smile
Personally the page that had the Portuguese raceroomers was spectacular.
+1
(08-15-2018, 09:29 PM)Maciek Sobczak Wrote:  Well...SRS is free and iRacing isn`t. Enough to make any comparisons irrelevant imo. You say you`re new here then let me say to you that I see admins improving many things here. Little steps, you know.

I`m a slow guy yet I get good races here. I`m thankful that such initiatives as SRS exist in the first place. Now AC is kind of old now. The new ACC and GTR games are coming...we`ll see how things change in the future.

For me I didn`t know about SRS until I saw GamerMuscle use it and in good time too as I was about to abandon R3E. I think youtubers do the best job of promoting SRS races.
Well... that escalated quickly.

Anyway, I'm of the camp that this is a free service, so don't complain too much. Is it a perfect system? No, but neither is iRacing, and that service is super expensive.

Given that there has been more chatter regarding how the automated SRS works, it would be nice to have some update/feedback on future plans, if any. The answer is mostly implied that there are few planned changes, if any, but an official quarterly news update would definitely be appreciated.

All of that said, I'm content to using the free service as is and have mostly figured out how best to get the most out of it. At the end of the day, whatever system is implemented can't fix the fact that there is no real risk of bodily injury or monetary damage to personal property, which is what keeps the vast majority of real-life weekend HPDE/track-day warriors in check.
(08-17-2018, 06:33 AM)Albert Castro Wrote:  Given that there has been more chatter regarding how the automated SRS works, it would be nice to have some update/feedback on future plans, if any. The answer is mostly implied that there are few planned changes, if any, but an official quarterly news update would definitely be appreciated.
Well done Albert, you managed to suggest pretty much the same thing that Neil did without being rude/insulting. Proof that it's not always what you say but how you say it.

As for SRS well sure there are some little quality of life improvements that could be made (Top 10 and top 3 for championship stats for example Tongue) but in general SRS has far exceeded my expectations since I joined and I hope it lives on for a long time... So... Thanks Henrique (And anyone who has ever helped you with this system)

Anyway that's enough butt kissing, I have races to probably not win! Big Grin