Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mazda 787B series
(07-31-2018, 09:53 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Just had an amazing fight for third place with Michal and Seru. Incrdibly fun car with people who know how to race.

And totally frustrating with people who don't ... ahhh.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Small room, 5 people. Got pole with a 1:50.

12 mins left, Realised my tires were going yellow, decided to pit with a 25 second lead. Parked perfect. But Pit not working. Realised I didn't configure my pit strategy and couldn't on the fly change tyres. Doh! Use the ESC>back to pits function, insta-new tires and incure 30 second lock-out penalty. Entire grid overtakes me in this 60second "pit." I race out knowing that 1st place is ahead by a whole 35 seconds! One by one I begin to gain my positions back as the opponents are spread out and suffer from tyre wear, slowing them down. For me, the race has been injected with a new life and breath of fresh air. With adrenaline pumping, I set my fastest lap, a 1:48.566! That pit was the best thing to happen to this race. I'm pushing it now right behind 1st on the last lap , he loses composure dramatically and tosses it into the sand, I claim first. Victory hasn't tasted this good in ages. 10/10 would chase rabbits again.
Sounds fun! Proper Adrenalin inducing car, really enjoying these races.

I assume you were using softs? For the record they will last 20 mins easily as long as you don’t push the car hard, not sure what the colour of the tyres equates to but I have a numerical readout in the Sidekick app which goes from 100-0 and my worst tyre was still on nearly 40% after the 20 mins. In the race I did last night most laps 45 to 46 without really pushing the car very much, last lap in knackered tyres still a 47. It should be noted an alien time is into the 42s!
Yuppers I'm running softs, I've been playing with the tyre pressures, seems the car has better wear with higher rear pressure but I could be wrong. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to pressures lol.

I'm using the old raceessentials, so yellow would mean the tyres are wearing out? After 8mins my rears are yellow and fronts are still a decent green. Rear left was the worst. Setup pressure was 22F 26R IIRC

Yeah don't think I've seen a 42 second lap yet, Maybe 43s but even then I'd be happy to keep up with the top 40%
This is what I mean when yellow. The tires turn yellow around 1/4 into the race but I guess the track grip improves as the race goes on and compensates for this lack of grip greatly. Many people had a pretty shoddy start and I was doubting my abilities but it was indeed the track grip a few laps in and it felt like the grip I was expecting.Got pretty squirrely on the last few laps but I managed to catch up to overtake 3rd and 2nd there when they were suffering from it also so, it's doable for now, but tyre pressures were far from optimal even more so when against faster drivers who might be using asymmetrical setups.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ahh not sure how that app is calculating wear compared to mine but definitely softs are optimum for this race distance. My point being that no matter what colour they go you can make them last by not abusing them. Meds are just too slow and pitting in a 20m race is never going to be optimal.
I think IIRC you want about 35 PSI hot in this car, I will double check later.

Yeah 42s is quite unusual only seen one person doing that personally, I think most very fast people are into the 44s judging by the top lap times. I still can’t beat 45 Smile
tryed meds today, battle for 2nd place and meds go out last laps, slides a lot so i make something very bad to tyres
Laguna Seca! oh how I love this track. Technically came 1st in the replay, but 2nd because his ping was better, it was that close!

Was on softs the whole time it's certainly planted if you can drive it right and got a good setup, favours trail braking with a higher front bias.

Alex I was only reaching 32 hot on the rear, you sure the most grip is at 35psi hot, all four tyres?
(08-20-2018, 06:03 AM)Danny Kung Wrote:  Laguna Seca! oh how I love this track. Technically came 1st in the replay, but 2nd because his ping was better, it was that close!

Was on softs the whole time it's certainly planted if you can drive it right and got a good setup, favours trail braking with a higher front bias.

Alex I was only reaching 32 hot on the rear, you sure the most grip is at 35psi hot, all four tyres?

That was the closest race I have experienced in SRS. Great fun! Was clean racing. Somehow I usually manage to screw up and wreck somebody by accident. It worked out this time. BTW, my replay shows me in front! Haha, hard to tell. I was on mediums. Maybe a mistake.

I don't know what happened to the leader. A little over half way through, his car melted into the pavement on my replay.
Haha yeah same for me too. great fun mate. Tension the entire race, leading up to the finish only to be Literal millimeters apart Big Grin

Ah he probably disconnected one way or another, he was some 12 seconds ahead