Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
911 RSR Setup - Help
Does anyone have a good setup for this car they would like to share? I'm struggling
Also Medium or Hard tiers for the race, the hard seems to last a long time
Hi Andy,

I took part yesterday in the 911 race at Barcelona. Since I came in with no practise at all, I focused on building a fast good setup for the race instead of making a qualifying hot lap. I started in P16 and managed to finish in P3 (it was quite a Need for Speed level in the first third of the race and ten cars gave up before the end). If you PM me, I'll be happy to share my setup with you.
I went with medium for the first stint, which I made last, and then put softs. Softs were like half a second faster for me although stopped working well after 15 mins and became quite slow. Medium were quite fine. I haven't tried hards. I wonder if it pays to play the BMW i235 strategy, filling up the tank with gas for the whole race and going all the way with hards.
(02-14-2018, 10:56 AM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  Hi Andy,

I took part yesterday in the 911 race at Barcelona. Since I came in with no practise at all, I focused on building a fast good setup for the race instead of making a qualifying hot lap. I started in P16 and managed to finish in P3 (it was quite a Need for Speed level in the first third of the race and ten cars gave up before the end). If you PM me, I'll be happy to share my setup with you.
I went with medium for the first stint, which I made last, and then put softs. Softs were like half a second faster for me although stopped working well after 15 mins and became quite slow. Medium were quite fine. I haven't tried hards. I wonder if it pays to play the BMW i235 strategy, filling up the tank with gas for the whole race and going all the way with hards.
Hey Javier,

I will PM you and thank you!  Smile

I was planning to run the BMW strat of just adding 1 litre of fuel and running a single set of hard's for the whole race but I ran for about 20-30mins practicing on hard's and they didn't seem to wear much. So was wondering if you could pull off the same strat but with medium's.

I'll try and test tonight, but that might be difficult being valentine's day...
I haven't raced Barcelona in the 911 yet but I did the Barbagallo 1 hour race and the medium tyres held up, just!
Rear left was down to 37% wear after the hour and lap times only really dropped by about a second, although consistency was a problem. I think you'd lose too much time with the hard tyres to make it worth while.
A couple of guys started on softs and posted great times in the opening laps but either swapped to meds in pit and wasted 30 seconds, or bugged out completely.