Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New AC Series starting February 12!
So all the daily races require different DLC's?
I hope SRS will support R3E sooner than I thought because I don't want to spend 8€ for every car in Assetto Corsa and that's coming from someone with an iRacing subscription.
All we (my friends and I) can race now is a single race on Friday in the McLaren.. Hopefully the servers won't crash then.
(02-11-2018, 09:12 PM)Marcel Tumbas Wrote:  So all the daily races require different DLC's?
I hope SRS will support R3E sooner than I thought because I don't want to spend 8€ for every car in Assetto Corsa and that's coming from someone with an iRacing subscription.
All we (my friends and I) can race now is a single race on Friday in the McLaren.. Hopefully the servers won't crash then.

I wouldn't count on a  lot of free content races. And Assetto DLC's are pretty cheap during steam sales
https://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/
Intel i5-8400 @2,80GHz | ASUS-Prime Z370-P | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX1060 6GB | LG 23,8" 1920x1080 | Win10 Ultimate | Logitech Driving Force GT
R3E is full of DLC too..
(02-11-2018, 10:15 PM)Eero Oittinen Wrote:  R3E is full of DLC too..

Yes, but I can only purchase the single car I want and don't have to pay extra for content I will never use. And this season it feels like every Series needs a different DLC.
(02-11-2018, 10:47 PM)Marcel Tumbas Wrote:  

Yes, but I can only purchase the single car I want and don't have to pay extra for content I will never use. And this season it feels like every Series needs a different DLC.

U can still get a Assetto DLC with few cars and few tracks for a price of single car OR track in R3E. Here U can still buy 1 DLC and race with serie that requires that DLC Wink
Intel i5-8400 @2,80GHz | ASUS-Prime Z370-P | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX1060 6GB | LG 23,8" 1920x1080 | Win10 Ultimate | Logitech Driving Force GT
(02-12-2018, 08:05 AM)Dawid Melnarowicz Wrote:  

U can still get a Assetto DLC with few cars and few tracks for a price of single car OR track in R3E. Here U can still buy 1 DLC and race with serie that requires that DLC Wink

First of all, I know the prices of the sims.
Second, there is no AC DLC with multiple tracks (afaik).
Third, most of the DLCs of AC cost 7-8€ and the cars in R3E 2€-4€, so your comparison is wrong, sorry.
Fourth, buying the DLC that contains the car doesn't guarantee me that I can race the whole series because a required track could be in another DLC
Fifth, both games cost around 100€ if you want to buy all the content but R3E give you the chance to only buy the tracks and cars you want/need, while still giving you a discount if you buy a bigger pack and already own content of it.
Sixth, I didn't know that a little criticism on the schedule in the forum would wake up everybody to defend AC...

I like AC and like driving SRS races. That's why I want it to improve. Currently, it looks like it's not easy for a beginner to enter AC because they have to buy too much DLC or don't even know which one to buy and that could be holding back people.
I try myself to contribute by hosting a Practice Server for SRS races where people could join, practice and exchange information, so people can get easier into their first races. I've met Martin on my server during the Spa week and that helped me a lot also, so I hope others have the same experience.
And that's why I hope R3E will come soon because it will help SRS as a platform and R3E, not because I dislike AC. I just think that the R3E pricing model suits SRS more and I will host multiple practice Server there too, as soon as the schedule is known.

Edit: Maybe we could change the schedule site to show which Series needs DLC, like it's currently with additionally required downloads? Track XY (Requires DLC "ABC" >link to steam store page<)
I think you woke everyone up because this topic has been covered at least one other time on the forums elsewhere. Unfortunately it was happening just before the holidays and the AC DLC dropped to really cheap.

As far as the requirements for a particular series, if the car for the series is DLC, then yeah... you are out of luck for that series. But as far as missing a track? Just skip that week. If you are super into vying for a championship you'll very likely be out of luck, but otherwise, just taking a week off when Red Bull Ring comes around in the rotation isn't the end of the world.

Or, you know, skip a cup of coffee and buy the DLC. (sorry, had to get that last one in there). Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(02-12-2018, 08:05 AM)Dawid Melnarowicz Wrote:  

U can still get a Assetto DLC with few cars and few tracks for a price of single car OR track in R3E. Here U can still buy 1 DLC and race with serie that requires that DLC Wink

(02-12-2018, 01:53 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I think you woke everyone up because this topic has been covered at least one other time on the forums elsewhere. Unfortunately it was happening just before the holidays and the AC DLC dropped to really cheap.

As far as the requirements for a particular series, if the car for the series is DLC, then yeah... you are out of luck for that series. But as far as missing a track? Just skip that week. If you are super into vying for a championship you'll very likely be out of luck, but otherwise, just taking a week off when Red Bull Ring comes around in the rotation isn't the end of the world.

Or, you know, skip a cup of coffee and buy the DLC. (sorry, had to get that last one in there). Big Grin

My cup of coffee costs 3,05€ so I can get no DLC needed for an SRS series, I would have to skip at least two and that's not possible, 'cause I need them  Wink
But I guess it makes no sense to make constructive criticism on the schedule.
For us, it means we will only race one single race a week and have to hope the server does not crash or someone has a disconnect.
And for beginners, it means that they HAVE to buy different DLCs to join the beginner Series (which should be the daily ones).
i bought:
AC Base plus 3 Dream Packs 12€, now it cost 10€
all 3 Porsche Packs 9€ , on sale it cost even 8€
Japan pack 2€
other packs 3€ each

Total: something like 30€
Hi!

IMO I like official DLCs in SRS contents. I've bought every single Assetto Corsa DLC even before SRS exists, just ofr supporting developers. Sorry, but I'm a f*cking bad driver but I feel the difference between official quality content and most (not all) free content.

There are three thinks that make SRS different:
* It's free ( no complains options).
* Only quality content (mods and DLC)
* Clean races (most of them).

I would like this three thinks to remain unchanged for a long time.

Greetings!
David