Sim Racing System
Russell handling - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Russell handling (/showthread.php?tid=7669)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Russell handling - Tolo Ribas - 02-02-2020

Hello friends
I have been unable in the three races that I have played with Russell to heat the tires to a minimum and I have tried all kinds of pressure, convergence and suspension setups ... ... it is a very complicated car to carry ... margin of me being a bad pilot ...... any advice?
I am considering not to run with this car anymore because at the minimum you lose control you do not recover it and you end up against a wall ..... and that is too many incidents in each race .....

RE: Russell handling - Michal Ringes - 02-02-2020

Dont worry about the tyre temps, its not really possible to keep these tyres as warm as they come from the tyre blankets. Mostly the tires will be pretty cold except those that get under heavier load in corners, and even those wont get too warm. Too keep control you want to be carefull with the steering, no abrupt turning, also you want to brake hard in straight line and when you start turning only use slight brake pressure. Brake early, be carefull when downshifting, and go easy on the gas on the exits. And be prepared to correct, because these cars slide a lot on both ends when you push a bit harder.

RE: Russell handling - Martin Smith - 02-02-2020

The tires should be warmer at the next track which has tons of corners and almost no straights.

RE: Russell handling - Filip Stoyanovich - 02-02-2020

Just tweak your tire pressures to be at ideal number when running laps on track

RE: Russell handling - Tolo Ribas - 02-03-2020

Thank you all for your answers.
i get it .... because of the type of tire so hard is almost impossible bring it in temperature
Thanks Michal....
It is true .... I started very badly with this car .... I have modified the brake distribution to decrease the power in the rear ...... 
I have brought convergences to the neutral position because I could not put the car into the optimal curve ... ......  now I can have better the radius of the curve
I strive to brake hard in the straight and also reduce in the straight and I have managed not to lose the rear by braking ....... 
well.... now .....accelerating when leaving the curve is the most delicate ... ...when you lose it , it is very difficult to straighten well ....... what a bad pilot i am !!!!! ....... jajajaajajajajaj

RE: Russell handling - Jason Jones - 02-04-2020

Here's my setup for the ahvenisto track. So far I think I have set the fastest time in a race at 1.35.8xx
I set this car up to work with the EAST tires. I have to admit I never tried the other tires, they might be quicker. YMMV.

[INTERNAL_GEAR_2]
VALUE=2
[INTERNAL_GEAR_3]
VALUE=9
[INTERNAL_GEAR_4]
VALUE=22
[INTERNAL_GEAR_5]
VALUE=38
[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=1

[TYRES]
VALUE=1
[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=19

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=20

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=18

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=19

[FUEL]
VALUE=7

[DAMP_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=1050

[CAMBER_LF]
VALUE=-7

[TOE_OUT_LF]
VALUE=6

[DAMP_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=1050

[CAMBER_RF]
VALUE=-7

[TOE_OUT_RF]
VALUE=6

[DAMP_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=1500

[CAMBER_LR]
VALUE=-8

[TOE_OUT_LR]
VALUE=15

[DAMP_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=1500

[CAMBER_RR]
VALUE=-8

[TOE_OUT_RR]
VALUE=15

[BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
VALUE=100

[FRONT_BIAS]
VALUE=52

[ARB_FRONT]
VALUE=14

[ARB_REAR]
VALUE=6

[SPRING_RATE_LF]
VALUE=11

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
VALUE=7

[SPRING_RATE_RF]
VALUE=11

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
VALUE=7

[SPRING_RATE_LR]
VALUE=21

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
VALUE=20

[SPRING_RATE_RR]
VALUE=21

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
VALUE=20

[CAR]
MODEL=russell_alexis_mk14

RE: Russell handling - Michal Ringes - 02-04-2020

Its slow Jason Smile  I just beat it in race by massive 0.004s. Anyway those two laps are the fastest laps overall ignoring those bullshit times.
And about handling, those who cant control the damn car or dont know the track and crash in every corner should just go practice offline. Got so many incidents like in 15 races on average, and couldnt do shit about any of them even tho i tried, thank you guys....

RE: Russell handling - Jason Jones - 02-04-2020

Damn thats close! How close is your tune to the one I posted? I made a mistake though, I actually was using the EAST tires, I edited my post to correct that.

Yes I agree that for any race a person should do enough laps beforehand that they know how to handle the car and they should practice driving it off the racing line so that when they're in traffic they can still race without crashing. Throttle control is the best way to steer this car and its a bit of an art.

RE: Russell handling - Michal Ringes - 02-04-2020

My setup is totally different, like different universe, oversteery and slidy, half the track feels like one long drift, and i use only second and third gear here.
[INTERNAL_GEAR_2]
VALUE=3
[INTERNAL_GEAR_3]
VALUE=14
[INTERNAL_GEAR_4]
VALUE=28
[INTERNAL_GEAR_5]
VALUE=31
[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=2

[TYRES]
VALUE=1
[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=15

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=15

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=15

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=15

[FUEL]
VALUE=8

[DAMP_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=2100

[CAMBER_LF]
VALUE=-37

[TOE_OUT_LF]
VALUE=12

[DAMP_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=2100

[CAMBER_RF]
VALUE=-37

[TOE_OUT_RF]
VALUE=12

[DAMP_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=1350

[CAMBER_LR]
VALUE=-34

[TOE_OUT_LR]
VALUE=3

[DAMP_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=1200

[CAMBER_RR]
VALUE=-34

[TOE_OUT_RR]
VALUE=3

[BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
VALUE=94

[FRONT_BIAS]
VALUE=53

[ARB_FRONT]
VALUE=16

[ARB_REAR]
VALUE=15

[SPRING_RATE_LF]
VALUE=9

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
VALUE=9

[SPRING_RATE_RF]
VALUE=9

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
VALUE=9

[SPRING_RATE_LR]
VALUE=20

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
VALUE=20

[SPRING_RATE_RR]
VALUE=20

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
VALUE=20

[CAR]
MODEL=russell_alexis_mk14

[/quote]

RE: Russell handling - Simon Meisinger - 02-05-2020

Had a pretty god race just now with Jim C Russel, missed my brake point and fell of the bridge just in front of the leading Jan Mueller. Stupid, but nothing much happened other than my race being ruined.

Then I got caught in the pit lane while braking for T2 and again jumped over the hedge onto the track on the other side, where I got hit by another car. I don't know who it was, but I'm terribly sorry.

At least my girlfriend had a good laugh.