Sim Racing System
Add Mystery Racing Championship - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Add Mystery Racing Championship (/showthread.php?tid=5843)

Add Mystery Racing Championship - Javier Castro - 05-13-2019

Hello everyone!

I've been competing this weekend in a couple of races in this community, my first races. First of all, many thanks to all of you, you are fantastic rivals, I hope that the community continues like this and continues to grow.

Secondly I would like to propose something. It's about making a championship for those of us who can't spend so many hours practicing. Carlos Docampo's idea appeals to me, but I think limiting yourself to just one car can be boring. That's why I propose this kind of "mysterious races".

It would be a championship made up of races in which the car and the circuit will not be known until we enter the game, then we will have 40 or 30 minutes to practice, 10 minutes of classification and 20 minutes for the race. In this way we will be on an equal footing with those of us who don't spend as much time on the simulator as others who do.

What do you think?

Thank you very much, greetings.

PS: I translate the message of Carlos Docampo's thopic with the translator deepl in case anyone is interested, I really like the idea:

It would be nice to have a rookie car that was in every championship.

There are many drivers who, because we have little time or less skill, take longer to control the car and, when we start to do so, disappear for at least six weeks.
I think it would be good to learn because knowing the car reduces the chances of incidents that are the "big problem" and the experience becomes more satisfying. Any driver could stop running in that class at any time.

You can use any of the most used: Mazda, Ford, Seat, BMW M3, ... and there would be nothing to change because the championships would remain six weeks only that a class would always repeat.

Greetings

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

RE: Add Mystery Racing Championship - Marek Vons - 05-15-2019

Sounds like a good idea to me, I would limit the practice to even less, lets say 10-15 minutes practice, 10 mins quali and normal 20 mins race. Fixed setups for this series of course. Idk why but I find this as a great idea, 6 races always with questionmark as a car and questionmark as a track, could be fun. Let's do this Wink

RE: Add Mystery Racing Championship - Igor Relja - 05-15-2019

I've voted Yes, but as Marek said, practice should be even less. 30 laps is 45-60 minutes on most combos, and that's too much IMO. Although,some people already make it feels like we're driving mysterious championships Big Grin

RE: Add Mystery Racing Championship - Javier Castro - 05-16-2019

Sorry. I mean, I wanted to say 40-30 minutes of practice. I'm going to edit. Thanks!

RE: Add Mystery Racing Championship - Marek Vons - 05-16-2019

Still, too much for the aliens Big Grin 10 mins practice would be enough Big Grin depending on track lenght, but you already know most of the tracks anyway

RE: Add Mystery Racing Championship - David Iglesias - 05-16-2019

There is a spanish community that do this for AC and RR. I've seen a couple of races on YouTube and it look good.
I'm in!

https://youtu.be/e7mbZiinJxQ

RE: Add Mystery Racing Championship - Russell Sobie - 05-16-2019

(05-13-2019, 03:35 PM)Javier Castro Wrote:  a championship for those of us who can't spend so many hours practicing

Well that just means that the people who already practice a bunch (any car on any track) will have MORE of an advantage in your proposed race! Big Grin

But given that I fancy myself a fast learner, I'd be happy to try my hand at such a thing.

RE: Add Mystery Racing Championship - Javier Castro - 05-17-2019

(05-16-2019, 11:19 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  
(05-13-2019, 03:35 PM)Javier Castro Wrote:  a championship for those of us who can't spend so many hours practicing

Well that just means that the people who already practice a bunch (any car on any track) will have MORE of an advantage in your proposed race! Big Grin

But given that I fancy myself a fast learner, I'd be happy to try my hand at such a thing.

In this case, it'll be lucky, but lucky won't be with you forever hehe.

RE: Add Mystery Racing Championship - Jason Jones - 05-17-2019

I would be in favor of a mystery series as long as gt3 and formula cars were excluded because those cars are very popular and there are plenty of places to race in those cars. AC has hundreds of cars and most of them never get used, except for personal hotlapping or special events.

Fixed setups should be mandatory because it would eliminate the need for a long practice session. 10 mins with fixed setup is plenty, on tracks with about 1'30 laptimes, 15 min practice for tracks with 2 min or more laptimes.

The cars and tracks used would have to be the standard AC cars abd tracks because you wouldn't want people getting checksum'd because they have the wrong version of a track or something.

RE: Add Mystery Racing Championship - Pierre Hox - 05-22-2019

It could be fun Smile