Sim Racing System
Show us your liveries for next season. - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Paint Shop (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Show us your liveries for next season. (/showthread.php?tid=5099)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Show us your liveries for next season. - Russell Sobie - 03-15-2019

This is timelapsed of course, and I think I was doing them at 12x speed or something like that, so I guess in total it took about 3 hours or so, give or take? Clever use of stencils made that skin fairly easy to do. I just turned on some music and basically doodled for a few hours until I liked the result.

RE: Show us your liveries for next season. - Fr.dr.k S.d.rst.dt - 03-28-2019

Updated the RSR from a blue with just a yellow stripe to this:
[Image: 5wNacEY.png]
Also some minor color updates on the lambo, some yellow and white details added.
The grey is a bit more towards black as well

[Image: TPqPz3J.png]

Quote:Russell Sobie This is timelapsed of course, and I think I was doing them at 12x speed or something like that, so I guess in total it took about 3 hours or so, give or take? Clever use of stencils made that skin fairly easy to do. I just turned on some music and basically doodled for a few hours until I liked the result.

Audi looks cool but you should have used all those colors that you had when you painted it in mudbox Big Grin

RE: Show us your liveries for next season. - Russell Sobie - 03-28-2019

Heh... I thought about it but I was going for more of an "evil tron" look.

RE: Show us your liveries for next season. - Pasha Paterson - 04-08-2019

awwwww yeah
[Image: hEo3jzK.png]

RE: Show us your liveries for next season. - Fr.dr.k S.d.rst.dt - 04-08-2019

Nice one pasha!

Also can anyone tell me wtf is going on with the lotus uv map? so many things that are overlapping but also doesnt seem to exist?

RE: Show us your liveries for next season. - Will Dawson - 04-08-2019

My fleet for the season...
[Image: asyYIwZ.jpg]

RE: Show us your liveries for next season. - Michael Martin - 04-09-2019

No idea about the map Fred. You checked it in CM?

That didn't take long Will!

RE: Show us your liveries for next season. - Russell Sobie - 04-09-2019

I see some good strategies for busting out fleets quickly here! Find an overall style you dig and then translate it to every car frame you race in. I typically do the same unless I have some wacky idea for a skin to try. For this season I'm likely only going to be racing the Caterhams (8am race my time) and the Seat Leons... and sadly (or luckily given my current free time), I already have liveries made for both of those (see below). The Seat Leon is just an updated version of the same skin I did for the Seat Leon Cup car from ages past. The Caterham might be just as old!

[Image: coTMDLYl.png]
[Image: 9UisUa5m.png] [Image: KYoatQzm.png] [Image: oWRyRqzm.png]

[Image: dm3FMFPl.png]
[Image: EmBsFINm.png] [Image: CnFsO6pm.png] [Image: WvUuthxm.png]

RE: Show us your liveries for next season. - Will Dawson - 04-09-2019

I must confess Michael that most of them were already done from previous seasons but after seeing Pasha make a fleet screenshot I wanted in on the action Big Grin

Yeah Russell, it sure does save a lot of time once you get the formula down. Only takes me about 30mins per car for my livery theme now depending on how wonky the AO layer is. Could probably cut even more time from that if I wasn't stubborn/lazy and used the miracles of 3D editing for the decals.

RE: Show us your liveries for next season. - Fr.dr.k S.d.rst.dt - 04-12-2019

Made a tatuus and f1 2004 but those were quickly thrown together ill have to keep working on them but the abarth is done at least.
[Image: XTf585n.png]