Sim Racing System
Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Paint Shop (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! (/showthread.php?tid=4436)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! - Russell Sobie - 10-20-2018

Instead of me posting an individual skin for a car I haven't done a livery before, or just resurrecting an old skin thread, I thought it would be more fun for folks to post pics of the skins they'll be using based on the new season. And what better way to kick it off than with the two skins I blasted out this evening! Post yours below!

Porsche GT3 Cup 2017 with a stripe pattern I used on a ride for Pierre C., with my two-tone flare and garish logo placement.... Followed by my middle finger to all Ferrari's being solid red. Big Grin  See you guys out there!

[Image: pVl83FJl.png][Image: tHdEt6cl.png]
[Image: HNIBejvh.png]
[Image: BZQJHbKl.png][Image: uNfQECWl.png]
[Image: k6I530Vh.png]

RE: Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! - David Weber - 10-20-2018

Very creative as always, Russell!

RE: Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! - Borre Verdoes - 10-20-2018

That Ferrari livery looks fantastic!

RE: Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! - Russell Sobie - 10-20-2018

Glad you like them! For my last livery this season (most likely), here's my second car in the law enforcement theme... And I did a timelapse of its creation! Enjoy!

RE: Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! - Borre Verdoes - 10-22-2018

I made a skin for the Suzuki Alto.

[Image: F4TwSTr.jpg]
[Image: jyf0FF6.jpg]

I might add some more logos or something later

RE: Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! - Tom Traskal - 10-23-2018

I am trying to create a skin for the f2004 Ferrari series, but looking in the AC skin files there is no   skin_00 DDS file?   I have done plenty of skins, but I must be missing something. Does the skin UI file point to it or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. In other words what do you name the skin DDS flie in the skin folder?
Cheers

RE: Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! - Russell Sobie - 10-23-2018

This particular car gave me some trouble because of this, but you can do a couple of things to identify the file names. The easiest way is to use the CM Showroom in Content Manager. Pick your car, choose CM Showroom, then click on the portion of the car mesh you want to find the texture info for. It'll look like this:

[Image: sS6mwur.png]

You can also get wire frame and ambient occlusion layers from the CM Showroom by clicking on this next to the txDiffuse filename:

[Image: fUrRz2A.png]

You can see more details about this process in the "Preparing Your Own Template" section of my skinning tutorial here: https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz

They also put the gloves and helmet right into the folder for this car, which is atypical (they usually use a skin.json file and use default stuff). If you don't need a special helmet or gloves, you can save pretty big on total filesize by simply deleting those.

Edit: The above post of that skin got me looking at it a bit and I decided I didn't like the white base, so I did some juggling in Photoshop and here's the end result:

[Image: aDVaC0Hm.png][Image: mD5mREbm.png][Image: wLa6OE6m.png]
[Image: pvwaVOS.png]

RE: Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! - Tom Traskal - 10-23-2018

(10-23-2018, 03:44 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  This particular car gave me some trouble because of this, but you can do a couple of things to identify the file names. The easiest way is to use the CM Showroom in Content Manager. Pick your car, choose CM Showroom, then click on the portion of the car mesh you want to find the texture info for. It'll look like this:

You can also get wire frame and ambient occlusion layers from the CM Showroom by clicking on this next to the txDiffuse filename:

You can see more details about this process in the "Preparing Your Own Template" section of my skinning tutorial here: https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz

They also put the gloves and helmet right into the folder for this car, which is atypical (they usually use a skin.json file and use default stuff). If you don't need a special helmet or gloves, you can save pretty big on total filesize by simply deleting those.

Edit: The above post of that skin got me looking at it a bit and I decided I didn't like the white base, so I did some juggling in Photoshop and here's the end result:

Thanks Russ...
Cheers

RE: Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! - Tom Traskal - 10-24-2018

Russ, thanks for your help. I have a skin that will work, but get an error window when trying to load a race(see attch.), if I click to close the error screen it will take me to the race with my correct skin, but am wondering if it will screw up the upload to SRS at racetime. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks Again Man,

Screen shot

Screen

(10-23-2018, 12:39 PM)Tom Traskal Wrote:  
(10-23-2018, 03:44 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  This particular car gave me some trouble because of this, but you can do a couple of things to identify the file names. The easiest way is to use the CM Showroom in Content Manager. Pick your car, choose CM Showroom, then click on the portion of the car mesh you want to find the texture info for. It'll look like this:

Thanks Russ...
Cheers

Sorry cant seem to attach a screenshot .png to this forum.

Screen shot...

RE: Post your New Skins for Season Starting 22/10/2018!! - Tom Traskal - 10-24-2018

[Image: f2001-can-am.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0]
Got It Russ!!!

[Image: f2001-can-am.jpg.html]
One more try....