Sim Racing System
Rules on track limits - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Rules on track limits (/showthread.php?tid=4314)

Pages: 1 2

Rules on track limits - James Andrew - 10-02-2018

I just did an offline race on the Le Mans 2017 track and I notice some places you can gain advantage by cutting the track but no penalty is given. Other places it gives a 3 second penalty which can easily be cleared in any braking zone just driving normally. I'm seeking to clarify what is acceptable during races? Is there an SRS official watching the race to enforce track limits?

RE: Rules on track limits - Simon Meisinger - 10-02-2018

SRS relies on the track limits given by the track, which in some cases are completely stupid. But most of the time they're okay, so it's not a big deal.

But I'm shocked that they didn't fix the track limits in the new version of Le Mans. They're so bad I decided to never race there again.

RE: Rules on track limits - James Andrew - 10-02-2018

(10-02-2018, 01:38 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  SRS relies on the track limits given by the track, which in some cases are completely stupid. But most of the time they're okay, so it's not a big deal.

But I'm shocked that they didn't fix the track limits in the new version of Le Mans. They're so bad I decided to never race there again.

So I'm allowed to cut Mulsanne Corner like this in the race tonight? I seriously consider taking this line every lap since others may be doing it and if there is nobody to enforce track limits, then it's fair right? Of course I'd rather the track was updated to fix this. That's why I'm bringing this to attention.
[Image: iUvUi1p.jpg]

RE: Rules on track limits - Dennis Ipenburg - 10-02-2018

I haven't tried that, but I am fairly sure you'll get a 10 second stand-still penalty if u do that in the race tonight
I did that race last night and LeMans is unforgiving for going off track. Just to give you an idea, I got a stop-go penalty for avoiding a crash that happened in front of me. And that was by taking the longer -and slower- route

Also, when I did that race last night, the laptimes didn't suggest that anyone was cutting Mulsanne so much as suggested in the picture ;-) So either you found a 'bug', or you'll be ok Smile

RE: Rules on track limits - Michal Janak - 10-02-2018

but the old version was totaly wrong giving 30s penalty for going on sides (still the road) on long straight and on concrete areas on some corners where in real cars are normaly running

(10-02-2018, 02:33 PM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  I haven't tried that, but I am fairly sure you'll get a 10 second stand-still penalty if u do that in the race tonight
I did that race last night and LeMans is unforgiving for going off track. Just to give you an idea, I got a stop-go penalty for avoiding a crash that happened in front of me. And that was by taking the longer -and slower- route

I had penalties turned on. It punishes you for running wide in some places like you said, just for going into the gravel you get a penalty. But you can make some big cuts. Here is a video showing what you can get away with at present:

RE: Rules on track limits - Borre Verdoes - 10-02-2018

(10-02-2018, 01:53 PM)James Andrew Wrote:  So I'm allowed to cut Mulsanne Corner like this in the race tonight? I seriously consider taking this line every lap since others may be doing it and if there is nobody to enforce track limits, then it's fair right? Of course I'd rather the track was updated to fix this. That's why I'm bringing this to attention.
[Image: iUvUi1p.jpg]

Of course that's not fair!
And you may not get a penalty immediately, but you can still get reported.

RE: Rules on track limits - John Gordon - 10-02-2018

Wheres the common sense. If you know it's wrong, don't do it. If you see people doing it, report them.

It's not rocket science is it.

Do we really beed everything clarified to the finest details?

RE: Rules on track limits - Alex Leif - 10-02-2018

As Michal said above, the Le Mans version before it was updated was completely broken with very severe penalties applied in some very wrong places. So maybe they also removed some penalty zones which should have stayed. But regardless it is a 100* improvement on how the track was before, I had to stop racing it because the penalty zones were so broken, completely ruined every single race I had there prior to the update. So at least it is better now imo.

(10-02-2018, 04:53 PM)John Gordon Wrote:  Wheres the common sense. If you know it's wrong, don't do it. If you see people doing it, report them.

It's not rocket science is it.

Do we really beed everything clarified to the finest details?

Yes because the details can make the difference between winning and losing.

If there are grey areas, there is no longer a level playing field, with everyone taking different amounts.

Everyone could have their own interpretation of what is acceptable. For example some may deem the kerbs are part of the track, others will say keep two wheels within white lines.

I would be happy whatever the rule is, but I feel to be taken seriously it needs to be enforced consistently.

As it stands, you can do whatever the game lets you get away with. This is fair because everyone can do the same, but it's unrealistic.  You can report people for what in your opinion is unfair but it would actually be unfair to penalize someone if they haven't broken a rule.