Sim Racing System
R3E dead? - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Raceroom App (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: R3E dead? (/showthread.php?tid=4218)

Pages: 1 2 3

R3E dead? - Jasen Burke - 09-14-2018

I've yet to see a single person register for a race in R3E. Does no one use R3E or does the counter just not work? Or am I just in an unfortunate time zone?

RE: R3E dead? - Lorenzo Andalò - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 09:10 PM)Jasen Burke Wrote:  I've yet to see a single person register for a race in R3E. Does no one use R3E or does the counter just not work? Or am I just in an unfortunate time zone?

Time zone defenetely doesn't help you, but yeah, only races you can be sure are going to be official are the ones at 18 GMT... daily series are pretty much empty even at european prime time... too bad, 'cause I tried a couple of races in AC and I'm never getting back in there, so R3E is my only choice to get some racing, for now...

RE: R3E dead? - Pierre Caillet - 09-14-2018

What was wrong with AC ?

RE: R3E dead? - Lorenzo Andalò - 09-15-2018

(09-14-2018, 09:57 PM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  What was wrong with AC ?

Some things, surely a couple related to just bad luck: I race in VR and in AC is really not good, mirrors are utterly useless, and visually is worse than Raceroom, more blury, even messing with the settings
FFB aswell didn't felt good at all, at least on my super-cheap T150: wasn't able to find a way to make it behave somewhat convincing (not enough options fot the FFB settings?) it just went from clipping like crazy to no force in it at all, no inbetween, plus there are big differences from car to car: Mazda (from last season) felt quite ok, Toyota not really, the Maseraty was just terrible, no FFB at all from corner entry, to corner exit... it's a matter of habit aswell, sure, but R3E feels a lot better to me, and it felt better even the first time I played it...
Netcode and car contact detection is what really threw me off: in R3E you can rub for 20 minutes with your opponent with no consecuences for both cars handling, fighting hard but still fair for position (with slow cars especially, on some tracks, can be the only way to make a pass) and finish the race with 0 incs. because the game is capable of telling what are the light contacts that causes no issues and what are actual crashes (plus if you get hit even heavely in the back, you get no inc point if you dont run into anything else, while the rammer does)... don't really need to tell you what AC does when 2 cars touch... and the problem is also understanding how not to hit eachother where the ping of one of the 2 is not more then optimal...
In the end, and hopefully this was just bad luck, I didn't got overtaken cleanly once: instant bump and run looks like the only way people know to make a pass in the servers I ended up (top splits BTW), like I wasn't even holding them up for entire laps, they just caught up and as soon as they were close enough, BANG, see ya'... even crashing themselves often... with all the cars I tried... and general poor moves that is hard to see even on the bottom of a GT3 field in R3E...

I'm not hating on AC or what, tried to explain what were my personal issues with it, so AC fanboys, don't take this too bad: I'm sure AC does a lot of other things way better then R3E (starting from the price for example), I just wasn't able to enjoy them like I enjoy R3E...

And may I suggest anyone playing AC on SRS to give R3E a try during the next week, free car scheduled on a free track, this mean that you just have to download the game for free on Steam, download SRS app for R3E and you are good to go... I'm genuely curios to know what your impressions might be doing the opposite path, jumping on R3E as an AC player, maybe you will agree on something, maybe you will make me notice something I missed, making me want to give AC another try, maybe you will want to give R3E more attention... who can tell...

RE: R3E dead? - Pierre Caillet - 09-15-2018

That's a long list, I understand you wouldn't follow suit... I've given R3E a few good tries but really I couldn't, mainly because of visuals in VR and FFB... Le goût des autres, huh ? Smile As for contacts, I would have agreed some time ago but the system seems more relaxed about light contacts now, or am I imagining things ?
As for the attitude during the races, what can you say?... The only remedy is to avoid the combos that attract idiots, report the idiots and qualify as high as possible. But I'm surprised it should be different in R3E.

About following the opposite path, check this http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2528

RE: R3E dead? - Jasen Burke - 09-15-2018

(09-15-2018, 11:36 AM)Lorenzo Andalò Wrote:  
(09-14-2018, 09:57 PM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  What was wrong with AC ?

Some things, surely a couple related to just bad luck: I race in VR and in AC is really not good, mirrors are utterly useless, and visually is worse than Raceroom, more blury, even messing with the settings
FFB aswell didn't felt good at all, at least on my super-cheap T150: wasn't able to find a way to make it behave somewhat convincing (not enough options fot the FFB settings?) it just went from clipping like crazy to no force in it at all, no inbetween, plus there are big differences from car to car: Mazda (from last season) felt quite ok, Toyota not really, the Maseraty was just terrible, no FFB at all from corner entry, to corner exit... it's a matter of habit aswell, sure, but R3E feels a lot better to me, and it felt better even the first time I played it...
Netcode and car contact detection is what really threw me off: in R3E you can rub for 20 minutes with your opponent with no consecuences for both cars handling, fighting hard but still fair for position (with slow cars especially, on some tracks, can be the only way to make a pass) and finish the race with 0 incs. because the game is capable of telling what are the light contacts that causes no issues and what are actual crashes (plus if you get hit even heavely in the back, you get no inc point if you dont run into anything else, while the rammer does)... don't really need to tell you what AC does when 2 cars touch... and the problem is also understanding how not to hit eachother where the ping of one of the 2 is not more then optimal...
In the end, and hopefully this was just bad luck, I didn't got overtaken cleanly once: instant bump and run looks like the only way people know to make a pass in the servers I ended up (top splits BTW), like I wasn't even holding them up for entire laps, they just caught up and as soon as they were close enough, BANG, see ya'... even crashing themselves often... with all the cars I tried... and general poor moves that is hard to see even on the bottom of a GT3 field in R3E...

I'm not hating on AC or what, tried to explain what were my personal issues with it, so AC fanboys, don't take this too bad: I'm sure AC does a lot of other things way better then R3E (starting from the price for example), I just wasn't able to enjoy them like I enjoy R3E...

And may I suggest anyone playing AC on SRS to give R3E a try during the next week, free car scheduled on a free track, this mean that you just have to download the game for free on Steam, download SRS app for R3E and you are good to go... I'm genuely curios to know what your impressions might be doing the opposite path, jumping on R3E as an AC player, maybe you will agree on something, maybe you will make me notice something I missed, making me want to give AC another try, maybe you will want to give R3E more attention... who can tell...

Interesting how different our FFB impressions are. I adore AC almost exclusively because of its FFB. I feel know I know everything that is happening. Then again, I also have a higher end wheel so that might be why.

RE: R3E dead? - Lorenzo Andalò - 09-17-2018

Interesting indeed... anyway, not a really busy week-end for me (also thanks to SRS Raceroom "partecipation") so I re-installed AC, this time giving CM(lite) a try: it recognized my wheel and that looked promising (standard game didn't), also being able to adjust VR resolution easily, made eveything look better, but... FFB felt ok on the MX-5 Cup at Zandvoort, no clipping and no "holes" mid-corner, but still far from being comunicative: car snapped on me so many times without any advice, in R3E I can always tell what I screwed up, not in AC... Easily imaginable, my laptimes (few I completed) were... well, catastrophic... really hope is a matter of habit to the game mechanics and not a total incompatibility with them, 'cause if Raceroom on SRS is going to be in this state even for the next season, I'll need to try other paths, and AC is the first of them... sadly at the moment is just a quite frustrating experience...

RE: R3E dead? - Pierre Caillet - 09-17-2018

Have you tried this ? :
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/

Check out also a program called FFBclip.

(and the full version of CM is worth whatever you want to give, just saying)

RE: R3E dead? - Gergely Mazak - 09-17-2018

I strongly believe that the next season will feature WTCR as daily series due to its outstanding reputation.
Furthermore i think the Boss will pick series used to be popular e.g: DTM modern or classic, GT3.

The daily series in the current season are painfully abandoned. The Aquila CR1 has 1(!) "official" race thus far (meaning no other races had 6 driver or more), which could be a negative record here. Youtuber series are doing well, so it's not hopeless to find something to race.

RE: R3E dead? - Lorenzo Andalò - 09-17-2018

(09-17-2018, 06:23 PM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  Have you tried this ? :
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/

Check out also a program called FFBclip.

(and the full version of CM is worth whatever you want to give, just saying)

Thx, tried FFBclip, didn't work out that well for me, will give this lut generator a try for sure ... in the comments it looks like is a great solution for "lower budget/weak" wheels, might be what I was really looking for... more testing needed in the next unbusy week-end! Big Grin

Gergely, I really hope so, but my fear is that is not a problem with the cars: is not just the GTR1 and the Aquila (and they are even free...), Tatuus F4, for example, did some impressive numbers in Season 2, now after the first 2 weeks with decent partecipation is in the same condition, WTCR started big, but declined last 2 weeks aswell...
Concerning the Youtubers series...  they are doing "kinda" well, except for the M1 (another great car that noone race)...
I don't think it's hopeless to find something to race, so far there have been tons of really interesting cars, I think is getting hard to find someone to race Smile