Sim Racing System
Hello from Melbourne, Australia - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Introduce yourself! (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Hello from Melbourne, Australia (/showthread.php?tid=3959)

Hello from Melbourne, Australia - Anthony Cesana - 08-10-2018

Hi all!

I'm Anthony, saying hi from Melbourne. Hoping to finally have a crack at some of these races I've been hearing all about from SRS. Will need to familiarise myself with the place.

Hope to see you out there! I run most of the sims (Assetto Corsa, Raceroom, rFactor 2, AMS, iRacing, RBR, Dirt Rally and I'll throw Wreckfest in there too!) . Don't really have a favourite, I like them all for what they are. Oceania time zone, so 1000 UTC would be around the time I'd be looking at racing most of the time. Weekends doesn't really matter I guess, US East / West time zone probably not too bad for daytime racing.

Any tips I should know about, fire them at me.

RE: Hello from Melbourne, Australia - Rafael Jimenez - 08-13-2018

Welcome!

RE: Hello from Melbourne, Australia - Danny Kung - 08-16-2018

Gday! Don't have many tips myself just getting into it as well.

RE: Hello from Melbourne, Australia - Gareth Ball - 08-18-2018

I'm new to sim racing system and sim racing. I'm from Melbourne, Australia as well. Should I be aiming for Oceania based events or would I be able to doing US or European races without being hindered by lag?

RE: Hello from Melbourne, Australia - Danny Kung - 08-19-2018

(08-18-2018, 12:56 PM)Gareth Ball Wrote:  I'm new to sim racing system and sim racing. I'm from Melbourne, Australia as well. Should I be aiming for Oceania based events or would I be able to doing US or European races without being hindered by lag?

Nah unfortunately you can't select region. You will end up with around 100-300ping but it's not so bad if you got the bandwidth

Also, my tips for the races would be to know you car and track and have a decent setup before you even join. So a decent amount of practice Makes it that much more fun. Also, install The Setup Market App and get yourself setups you can compete with.

RE: Hello from Melbourne, Australia - Justin Talent - 08-21-2018

Good to see more Aussies around these parts! Need more of us to take it up to those alien fast Europeans and Americans. Smile

You will pretty much always run a high ping here as most races are hosted in Europe, but as long as you're safe and account for the ping in close battles, you'll be fine.

A few races also get hosted in the US which generally cuts a good 100-150ms of ping, but they're currently confined to late morning/early afternoon and at midnight for the eastern states for the Asia enduro series, so for most of us they're a bit out of reach during the weekdays.

I kind of hope one day they push that Asian series forward a few hours to allow for more of us to give it a go, or they re-introduce the Oceanic series which was initially canned about a year ago due to low numbers. Maybe giving it another go now with a bigger community could make them work? I've always kinda liked the idea of a 1 hour race at around 9-10pm in the eastern states.