Sim Racing System
Rating question - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Rating question (/showthread.php?tid=3790)

Pages: 1 2

Rating question - Yuriy Voronov - 07-17-2018

Hi, guys! I have one question: how rating system is working and how this situation is possible? Big Grin
[Image: 37314973_1723918684344124_30403913243154...e=5BCC1E85]
Roman is my friend, we are racing in the same community. The only difference is i'm racing AC, Roman is R3E.
And this is not isolated case. In R3E getting rating is much easier than in AC. 
Thank you in advance!

RE: Rating question - Jaroslav Černý - 07-17-2018

Unfortunately: "Magic black box" as far as I know, what ever SRS wants and I haven't seen it explained yet how these ratings are actually made up. The higher your rating the less points you get and maximum is said to be 1000. I don't know of it tapers off gradually or each 100 points it changes the raise step. Rating gained in different games, no idea why it does what you described, odd indeed from seeing the results. On top of that the scoring for championships needs to reflect performances instead of smarting it out by playing in slots/sessions that are almost empty with no competition and getting full points for nothing.

RE: Rating question - Rafael Jimenez - 07-17-2018

I think that in AC there are more penalties in points than in Raceroom

RE: Rating question - Jorge Cercadillo - 07-17-2018

Because the points you get, depend on the split you are ...

Now in Assetto there are many races with 2/3 splits, but in raceroom they normally have 1 split only, so it's much easier to enter the first split and get more score.

About the scores:
1st in 1st split: 102 points
1st ins 2nd split: 80 points
1st on 3rd split: 58 points
1st on 4th split: 36 points

So except if you are an alien, you will get better ratting if you run in not very populated races

RE: Rating question - Yuriy Voronov - 07-17-2018

(07-17-2018, 11:26 AM)Jorge Cercadillo Wrote:  Because the points you get, depend on the split you are ...

Now in Assetto there are many races with 2/3 splits, but in raceroom they normally have 1 split only, so it's much easier to enter the first split and get more score.

About the scores:

So except if you are an alien, you will get better ratting if you run in not very populated races

i'm not an alien, but nearly 40 races from 44 i was on the first server. 
So i don't think, this is a main reason. Also, there are a lot of drivers from our community, which also not an aliens, but got more than 800 rate. Something wrong with algorithm, i think. 
But if you're right, Automobilista players very soon will get 1000 point. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Rating question - László Nagy - 07-17-2018

(07-17-2018, 12:27 PM)Yuriy Voronov Wrote:  
(07-17-2018, 11:26 AM)Jorge Cercadillo Wrote:  Because the points you get, depend on the split you are ...

About the scores:

So i don't think, this is a main reason. Also, there are a lot of drivers from our community, which also not an aliens, but got more than 800 rate. Something wrong with algorithm, i think. 
But if you're right, Automobilista players very soon will get 1000 point. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I think you are right and on raceroom you can achive 850 rating quite easy... I know a guy who won only 29 races from his more than 100 races on raceroom and he is near 850...I had 75 wins from 100 and my rating was less in Ac

RE: Rating question - Michael Butler - 07-17-2018

(07-17-2018, 01:15 PM)László Nagy Wrote:  
(07-17-2018, 12:27 PM)Yuriy Voronov Wrote:  

About the scores:

I think you are right and on raceroom you can achive 850 rating quite easy... I know a guy who won only 29 races from his more than 100 races on raceroom and he is near 850...I had 75 wins from 100 and my rating was less in Ac

In SRS Assetto Corsa, it all pans out , you'll see...extraordinary drivers get to 750-800........850 is very much a winner......aliens get to 900 eventually (4 drivers so far) but anybody that reaches 700 is well on their way to being a decent driver ..just keep racing and finishing well, give yourself maybe 150-200 starts to settle in and you'll see. Big Grin example: this guy is fairly new with 41 starts and has proven to be successful in 1 month   http://www.simracingsystem.com/srsmember.php?a=fo6Rdaysnw%3D%3D

RE: Rating question - simracingsystem - 07-17-2018

That info doesn't tell the whole story.
Races with negative points strongly affect your rating, 0 points as well...

Also, unofficial races give small amounts of rating but it does give something.

RE: Rating question - James Blint - 07-17-2018

Maybe the difference is also in both your top 10 stats, you finish 4th many times you only get "Top 10", and you could get dozens of 8-9th place still get a Top 10 with much less rating points.

RE: Rating question - Yuriy Voronov - 07-18-2018

(07-17-2018, 03:35 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  That info doesn't tell the whole story.
Races with negative points strongly affect your rating, 0 points as well...

Also, unofficial races give small amounts of rating but it does give something.

Thank you for reply, it borns another question. Do you have plans to improve advanced profile statistics? It would be great to see the links on last races, for example. In order not to look for it in all past races of past championships.