Sim Racing System
Problem with results - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bugs & Troubleshooting (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Problem with results (/showthread.php?tid=3704)

Problem with results - Camilo C Gonzalez - 07-05-2018

Hi everyone, I've just finished my first race on SRS (Raceroom) so I wanted to look at the results via APP and I'm not in! I finished second but the standing only shows the 1st, 3rd and 4th place. Also I didn't score any rating points. How can I fix this? Added a screenshot with the results.

RE: Problem with results - Rafael Jimenez - 07-06-2018

Check that the Raceroom name and the name on SRS are exactly the same.

RE: Problem with results - Jaroslav Černý - 07-06-2018

Check if your names are exactly same including "special" characters many non-English languages have, and then comes the issue of 3rd and 4th names required on SRS but where do you put these in the games that often have only first and last name field to fill.

It should use Steam ID etc. for identifying uniquely each driver, or other unique ID, names are never unique. I do not know how SRS does it but hopefully not by names.

The fact that it lets you race and then results are not present is weird indeed. Maybe you got DQed? Forgot to complete a penalty?

RE: Problem with results - Camilo C Gonzalez - 07-06-2018

(07-06-2018, 07:37 AM)Rafael Jimenez Wrote:  Check that the Raceroom name and the name on SRS are exactly the same.

I can't believe it, I'm not using my Raceroom name in SRS because I needed to change my SRS username to my account be activated and forgive to change my first and second name on Raceroom. Thank you so much!

(07-06-2018, 07:37 AM)Rafael Jimenez Wrote:  Check that the Raceroom name and the name on SRS are exactly the same.

Now I have a question, my SRS username has a "C" in between my first and second name. It doesn´t matter where I put that letter on my Raceroom profile? (I mean, that letter is part of the first name or the second name?)

RE: Problem with results - simracingsystem - 07-06-2018

only the first name should be on the first field, the C Gonzalez on the 2nd field.

RE: Problem with results - Camilo C Gonzalez - 07-06-2018

(07-06-2018, 07:46 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  only the first name should be on the first field, the C Gonzalez on the 2nd field.

Thanks!

RE: Problem with results - Jaroslav Černý - 07-10-2018

(07-06-2018, 07:46 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  only the first name should be on the first field, the C Gonzalez on the 2nd field.

Ok lets say there are 10000 (quite possible and probably even more) people with the name: "Camilo C Gonzalez" Is SRS really using names that are not unique as a way to identify? One person registers as "Camilo C Gonzalez" what are the other 9999 supposed to register as? "Camilo C Gonzalez1"? ... "Camilo C Gonzalez9999"?

Quote:Please register with your first and last names.
Ex: John Wayne

If the username is already taken, please add a middle name or initial letter.
Ex: John Smith Wayne or John S Wayne

What if John Wayne has no middle name or initial letter to use and a different John Wayne is already registered?
What if John Smith Wayne and John S Wayne already exist and another John Smith Wayne wants to register? What should they use? "John Smith Wayne SUPER-SECRET-UNIQUE-HASH-NO-ONE-ELSE-CAN-DREAM-OF"?

As far as I know middle names are put behind first name not into family name normally, when there are only 2 fields to fill out for names then either no middle name at all is used or middle name goes into given name field behind first given name.

The SRS registration and identification is confusing for sure and "seems broken".

I'm sure this may seem as a small issue if only a few users are on the site but anything bigger and the naming and identification is gonna be a nightmare.

RE: Problem with results - Camilo C Gonzalez - 07-11-2018

(07-10-2018, 10:42 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  

Ok lets say there are 10000 (quite possible and probably even more) people with the name: "Camilo C Gonzalez" Is SRS really using names that are not unique as a way to identify? One person registers as "Camilo C Gonzalez" what are the other 9999 supposed to register as? "Camilo C Gonzalez1"? ... "Camilo C Gonzalez9999"?

Quote:Please register with your first and last names.
Ex: John Wayne

If the username is already taken, please add a middle name or initial letter.
Ex: John Smith Wayne or John S Wayne

What if John Wayne has no middle name or initial letter to use and a different John Wayne is already registered?
What if John Smith Wayne and John S Wayne already exist and another John Smith Wayne wants to register? What should they use? "John Smith Wayne SUPER-SECRET-UNIQUE-HASH-NO-ONE-ELSE-CAN-DREAM-OF"?

As far as I know middle names are put behind first name not into family name normally, when there are only 2 fields to fill out for names then either no middle name at all is used or middle name goes into given name field behind first given name.

The SRS registration and identification is confusing for sure and "seems broken".

I'm sure this may seem as a small issue if only a few users are on the site but anything bigger and the naming and identification is gonna be a nightmare.
You're right, it's a little confusing, I don't have a middle name so I've got to use the initial letter of my first name. Usernames are an aspect SRS needs to improve, however, I think this is the best way by the moment to identify racers because using nicknames is awful.