Sim Racing System
Does leaving a race after joining earn you a ban? - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Does leaving a race after joining earn you a ban? (/showthread.php?tid=3379)

Does leaving a race after joining earn you a ban? - Nicholas McIntosh - 06-01-2018

I had to leave one of the recent DTM 90s races because I had to pickup a friend from a bar. I left after driving one lap and parked in the grass before I left. Would this constitute a ban?

RE: Does leaving a race after joining earn you a ban? - Niko Geb - 06-01-2018

afaik no. i left 2 or 3 races after start and nothingbad happend.

RE: Does leaving a race after joining earn you a ban? - Russell Sobie - 06-01-2018

I want to say you should do 3 laps and then go to or teleport to pits... don't park on the grass anywhere otherwise you are going to throw yellow flag warnings to everyone before they get to you.

RE: Does leaving a race after joining earn you a ban? - Will Dawson - 06-01-2018

You won't get a ban. If you don't complete at least 2 or 3 laps (Can't remember how many exactly) then you'll lose some driver rating but that's all.

I know there are people who are all for punishing leavers but I'm not one of them. Sometimes real life happens and you have to leave, such is the way of things.

RE: Does leaving a race after joining earn you a ban? - Russell Sobie - 06-02-2018

Yeah, not a big deal to me either... but I really think if you are going to leave, you should leave the server. The yellow flag thing is a legit annoyance.

RE: Does leaving a race after joining earn you a ban? - Dawid Melnarowicz - 06-02-2018

(06-01-2018, 11:25 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  You won't get a ban. If you don't complete at least 2 or 3 laps (Can't remember how many exactly) then you'll lose some driver rating but that's all.

I know there are people who are all for punishing leavers but I'm not one of them. Sometimes real life happens and you have to leave, such is the way of things.

You have to complete 4 laps to not have 0 points for a race and not lose massive amount of rating

RE: Does leaving a race after joining earn you a ban? - Neil de Guzman - 06-02-2018

personally, I will leave properly and not leave my car on the grass. I need to turn off my PC too before going out the house. But bans, nope... Not that serious of a crime if real life sneaks in.

RE: Does leaving a race after joining earn you a ban? - Alex Leif - 06-03-2018

Yes indeed, going back to pits is the most courteous thing to do. I remember coming down the straight at Vallelunga approaching the kink and seeing a guy parked on the grass on the left. Of course I couldn't take my eyes off the car off track thinking to myself dont hit that car... then took the kink wrong and ended up crashing into them lol!

Btw and OT: Dawid - how did you get Windows 10 Ultimate when afaik MS never made a version with that name?