Sim Racing System
The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=3166)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Michael Martin - 05-25-2018

1.28 here as well.

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Will Dawson - 05-25-2018

My fastest in practice was also a 1:28. Although I'm having consistency issues on this track as I find the line between perfect throttle and too much throttle to be much thinner here. I've lowered my final position expectation accordingly and I just hope I can have a fun, clean race.

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Will Dawson - 05-25-2018

Well that was a little disappointing for me. Qualified 5th and finished 9th because I decided to move my 7th gear up a notch for the race. What I actually did was move the final gear ratio up 2 notches (Mouse sometimes double clicks). I had poor acceleration and a weak top speed. If it wasn't for that error then I had the potential to finish 7th.

1hr at Monaco is going to be brutal. Need a lot of practice as I don't want a 3 day suspension for wall tapping Smile

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Michael Martin - 05-25-2018

Josh where were you?

I had a really good race. Made a good start and a nice battle into t1. I think it was about as close as possible without contact!
After few laps was in 3rd. At this point usually think yay and make mistakes and fall down the field. Sensible me took over and got into my rythum. Monitoring the gap to 4th and doing clean laps. No mistakes which is what I was aiming for. Just need more speed now.
Couldn't keep pace with the top two. They were in their own league.

Monaco will be a test for sure!

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Jim C Russell - 05-25-2018

Had my grandson here and missed the f138 today, darn! 
'slobros' server will have the f138 and monaco combo up till next weeks race, but I'll probably miss that too, its his, my grandson's,  graduation from preschool.  Never gonna git my formula career started at this rate.
good racing
jcr

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Michal Janak - 05-26-2018

Hello, want try Monaco but i have 900 degree on G29 under WIN setted, in game too 900 but at hairpin i unable to steer enought runing nearly walk speed and ending in wall on right , what is wrong?

what is weird on this car is lack of engine braking,

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Michael Martin - 05-26-2018

^^^ May be an issue.
Your wheel should make no difference as lock is set by the car. For reference i'm using a t150 with 1080 resolution. Wheel only goes 180 from center and its at full lock.
Only way i can get round is really wide, turn in and a blip of throttle to swing the back end round. Not ideal but only way i can do it. Even tried messing about with extreme setups to no avail.
Maybe need for a last minute track change?

yes, the tyres turn only small fraction of wheel turn

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Will Dawson - 05-26-2018

I didn't really have a problem with the hairpin, just need to get the right line then you can go around it at about 19mph. For me the big issue is that the chicanes are much tighter than they're supposed to be, especially the last one where I had to take it even slower than the hairpin to not get a track cut penalty.

i have problem only in grand hotel hairpin,

so did little test, yesyou must blip throtle a lot but on right place and right amount no to hit wall by too big speed , steering on this car is bad implemented