Sim Racing System
The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=3166)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Michal Janak - 05-30-2018

i thing it is not good idea race here with nearly 100% probability hit wall in hairpin in every lap (when the car cant turn because of errror in track or car steering) , so in 1h race can then collect so many incidents which can destroy overal standings and worse incident ratig

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Will Dawson - 05-30-2018

Me and Michael seem to be able to get around that hairpin no problem (I don't even blip the throttle). Just need to get the angles right. Having said that though this is very much like Macau on R3E, I can see a lot of people getting 3 days suspensions for hitting walls 20+ times

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Max Teel - 05-31-2018

Yeah I can do the hairpin by turning the wheel to it's limit, which is a pain and not much fun, but totally possible as long as I get the turn in point correct.
I agree about the wall tapping in general though, for me this will require a different mindset - survival not speed! I can barely manage a couple of practice laps without some silly error, and my wheel is getting seriously worked far more than at any other circuit! I just pray and hope all of us brave enough to enter are fully aware of how difficult it is to overtake at Monaco... getting the fear of people trying to launch it up the inside at the hairpin.... which will obviously cause carnage! Have a feeling that overtaking anywhere here is likely to cause a bit of a traffic jam.

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Harri Blom - 05-31-2018

I've been practicing the track for a while now and can manage to drive decent laps without incidents. The hairpin goes without touching the wall but it's quite slow. It goes a bit faster if I give a bit more gas but I'm not sure if it affects the tires.. I'm pretty sure I can survive with one tire change..

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Michael Martin - 05-31-2018

Just done a 20 min run.
Race pace is 1:25:*** don't know how competitive that will be.
Fuel shouldn't be an issue. I'm about 2.6L a lap. Tires i reckon a one stop should be do able. Kers up the hill, through the tunnel and any left start straight. Just have to be careful of the bump!

With the hair pin it's only a tiny slide so don't think it'll make much difference to wear. Pit stop will have to see during the race which box we get. My best way so far is diagonal like most people park at the supermarket.

As long as everybody uses a bit of common sense we should all survive, but it is beer night lol. I'll be keeping tabs on incidents. If i get to 15 i'll box and sit the race out.

Oh and it's an hour race btw  Rolleyes

(05-31-2018, 09:30 AM)Michael Martin Wrote:  Just done a 20 min run.
Race pace is 1:25:*** don't know how competitive that will be.
Fuel shouldn't be an issue. I'm about 2.6L a lap. Tires i reckon a one stop should be do able. Kers up the hill, through the tunnel and any left start straight. Just have to be careful of the bump!

With the hair pin it's only a tiny slide so don't think it'll make much difference to wear. Pit stop will have to see during the race which box we get. My best way so far is diagonal like most people park at the supermarket.

As long as everybody uses a bit of common sense we should all survive, but it is beer night lol. I'll be keeping tabs on incidents. If i get to 15 i'll box and sit the race out.

Oh and it's an hour race btw  Rolleyes

Thanks for the info Michael that's really useful. Also you've reminded me that despite it being available everywhere here, I expect DRS to be disabled just as it was in Suzuka. A good thing too I reckon!
I'm at a loss as to how do setup for this, as whenever I dive into the suspension stuff I can't even work out what is 'softer' vs 'harder'... have tried randomly setting ARB's high then low, but it's very much stabbing in the dark Confused 
I've only tried the mediums so far, have you experimented with the other options? I would assume one-stop Med-Med would be a bit tricky, but haven't yet tried the hards at any other circuit.

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Michael Martin - 05-31-2018

Even if it was available I won't be using Drs. Too much going on.
With setup I've raised the ride height all round evenly. Increased the suspension travel to highest. Makes car more predictable.
Few clicks more - camber front.
Tyre pressure front 7 back 6.
Aero 28/30
Shorter gearing.
Think that's it.

Very safe setup.

Tires take a long time to come in. But have good life. I'm very light on tire use anyway. Proberly why I'm slow lol. Also the reduced speed takes less out of the Tyre. We've had some quick tracks.

Thinking using meds. Hards I can't get upto temp. Softs I've not tried. Maybe for quali.

Anyone else got times?

Followed your advice with the suspension and ride height Michael, seems to make the car a little more predictable as you say - unfortunately didn't add any bumpers to the car Wink

Have managed to get 1:22's, but far from consistent or safe as yet.

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Will Dawson - 05-31-2018

I don't really care about my pace here, I'm just going to focus on safety and wait for the fast drivers to wreck. I'll be very happy if I can make it to the end no matter what position I'm in.

This will require a lot of respect for each other. If I see a driver behind me before the hairpin and it's not any of you guys who I know have practiced then I'll probably let them pass me so that I don't become part of a two man roadblock Smile

RE: The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge - Josh Martin - 05-31-2018

Hey all,

Sorry for not attending, I'm tied up with some other "projects" shall we say which will be of benefit to us all, so it's worth the wait Wink

Regarding Monaco - I chose the track after extensive testing, so whilst it's not your conventional track on SRS, there's no reason it's not a good challenge. Look at it this way, it's a round which could make or break the championship for some drivers, which is a nice change Wink

If it ends up being a huge failure i'll hold my hands up to it, otherwise I'll be watching the broadcast so let's see what comes of it!

Enjoy yourselves chaps!

Josh