Sim Racing System
TT Cup @ Road America - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: TT Cup @ Road America (/showthread.php?tid=2648)

Pages: 1 2

TT Cup @ Road America - Matthias Rudolph - 03-12-2018

So I just had my first race at road america this week. 

After watching some bad cutting at red bull ring I thought there were no such opportunities at RA.
Long story short, I was wrong. No naming and shaming here of course
To show the few people who are cutting on purpose, i made 2 screenshots Wink
Just picked T9 but there a surely more corners.

Two wheels on track ( Valid )

[attachment=237]

Well, do I have to show more ?

[attachment=238]

Just because AC counts this line as valid, it isn´t, and people who do this on purpose should either be banned or drive offline where no one see´s that stupid cheating.

Do SRS and mostly yourselfs a favour and stop driving like Idiots.

You can go fast without cutting.

You look like a total fool, with your name above the car  Smile

Luckily these are really a few, and couldn´t care less, but this really p... me off 

Regards

Matthias

RE: TT Cup @ Road America - Owen Pyrah - 03-12-2018

Oh yeah I remember that corner from the MX5 series. If you go that wide you are actually losing time really. Same with T1. I've done it a few times when I've fudged the corner but it is embarrasing and slower.

(03-12-2018, 03:30 PM)Matthias Rudolph Wrote:  You can go fast without cutting.

I reckon you can go faster without cutting

Normally radius == speed but my fastest laps are always when I don't turn in too early and keep on track at exit. I wonder if there's a subtle slow down effect when you come off track at these points..

PS What's your secret Matthias? You are always a second a lap faster than anyone else on track ha

RE: TT Cup @ Road America - Marek Vons - 03-12-2018

Oh yeah I went wide there too, and I was surprised it didnt count as a cut, such a shame.. anyway, I was losing the time when I went out there as well

Owen PyrahPS What's your secret Matthias? You are always a second a lap faster than anyone else on track ha
A good wheel and steady hands I guess Big Grin

RE: TT Cup @ Road America - Matthias Rudolph - 03-12-2018

There´s no big secret.

Maybe it´s the 13 years experience in Simracing....
Maybe it´s my home-community where at least 10 drivers+ are at the same pace...
Maybe it´s the fact that at SRS I only race combos i like...
Maybe it´s because I just finished the third TT League with 50 Races+
Maybe it´s because I prepare myself for SRS Events because I´m driving with my real name and don´t wanna look like a fool...

and maybe all above doesn´t count and I cant´t drive at all because it´s the mysterious magic setup which makes me 6sec/lap faster :-)

Just kidding, the secret is practise.
Equipment doesn´t count, I know more then enough people who are faster with a driving force GT.

And it´s not a second of course, Marek and Co are mostly really close at the fastest laptime.

Most important is :

You´re always the fastest guy on the planet...... until someone faster joines ;-)

RE: TT Cup @ Road America - Robin De Groote - 03-12-2018

I'm amazed at some people's speed too.
I know I'm not the fastest AT ALL and I enjoy keeping my own pace, but sometimes I would really want to try some hotlaps with one of the fast guys' setups.

True, practice is the only secret most of the time. Just like Matthias, I also have aroun 12 or 13 years of experience in Simracing, started a loooong time ago in some Czechoslovak leagues in rFactor 1 and now I am here, and I love racing and simracing more than ever, with every new day

RE: TT Cup @ Road America - Owen Pyrah - 03-12-2018

Yeah I was joking about the secret. From my experience I will spend a long time practicing with a focus on one area, like say hitting apexes. I will hit a point where I consistently lap within 0.1 seconds each lap but don't make any further improvements. Then I focus on some other area for a while and make maybe 0.4 seconds a lap before that stagnates again. Each improvement is smaller and harder won so I'm sure the second or 2 you have on my pace is the result of a lot of consistent practice.

Good thing with SRS is you can have some great battles whatever your pace. It can be just as good fighting for 15th place as it can be fighting for podium.

I just have to admit that during the evenings race I was also exceeding the limits in the turn in the last sector, but just because I saw a guy in the mirror who was doing it every lap and he was catching me like that very easily.. but those track limits are really strange at this track

RE: TT Cup @ Road America - Russell Sobie - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 08:57 PM)Owen Pyrah Wrote:  Good thing with SRS is you can have some great battles whatever your pace. It can be just as good fighting for 15th place as it can be fighting for podium.

This. This mentality especially needs to go for the 1-5 chuckleheads in the mid or back of the grid that think they are going to gain 10 positions on the first lap going deep inside while the front pack carefully negotiates turn one in two lanes. Just get through the first couple of turns before you start trying to pass. Even a 20 minute sprint is long enough to catch up with people slower than you and actually have some RACE in your race.

RE: TT Cup @ Road America - Phil Stubbs - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 10:43 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  
(03-12-2018, 08:57 PM)Owen Pyrah Wrote:  Good thing with SRS is you can have some great battles whatever your pace. It can be just as good fighting for 15th place as it can be fighting for podium.

This. This mentality especially needs to go for the 1-5 chuckleheads in the mid or back of the grid that think they are going to gain 10 positions on the first lap going deep inside while the front pack carefully negotiates turn one in two lanes. Just get through the first couple of turns before you start trying to pass. Even a 20 minute sprint is long enough to catch up with people slower than you and actually have some RACE in your race.

This!

Given the speed of the guys at the front the reason to turn up at SRS is to race, not necessarily win...

Good racing means good manners...

Good manners means we all get through the first few corners to race with others at about our pace...