Sim Racing System
Assetto Corsa - Base content series? - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Assetto Corsa - Base content series? (/showthread.php?tid=2565)

Pages: 1 2

Assetto Corsa - Base content series? - Jay Mcleod - 03-06-2018

Hi
I really like what SRS is doing, my only real problem is, there are little to zero races in the Assetto Corsa schedule which are not using DLC cars right now. Is there any reason for this?

Some might say "stop being cheap, buy the DLC", Normally I would agree, but I did already on console. I do not feel like re-buying everything twice, even more so with ACC on the way.

I do also feel like the stock content (and mod tracks) will also attract others who don't have the DLC but would still like to race within a cleaner fairer environment (while getting our ranking up Big Grin ). I feel like there should be at least one or two races every so often with stock content rather than multiple Porsche and Audi TT races every day, given just how good some stock content is.

Just my opinion, although I hope for a change.

RE: Assetto Corsa - Base content series? - Russell Sobie - 03-06-2018

This has been a discussion topic a few times. The end takeaways are these:
  • DLCs are fairly cheap and of good quality. They are SUPER cheap during the fairly common Steam sales.
  • You only have to buy DLC for the racing series that you are interested in participating with, and can ignore the rest.
  • Users who have ALREADY spent the money various DLC would like a chance to use them in organized races here on SRS with their new toys and tracks.

RE: Assetto Corsa - Base content series? - Ted Duncan - 03-06-2018

To be sure ... the AC DLC's are great and the cost has been dropping for them. But now that Kunos Simulazioni is getting out of the Assetto Corsa business and have stated that there will be no further development, updates or official content coming from them, perhaps there will have to be some changes made.

Modders have produced some great content for AC and I think (and hope) this will continue now that the basic AC platform will no longer be upset by changes and updates that Kunos made.

RE: Assetto Corsa - Base content series? - Mateo De Bonis - 03-06-2018

If you dont buy DLC you need to race on Tatuus series for example (base content formula) lotus exo/GT2/GT3(few cars) and MOD cars like the Ginetta GT4 series that FOR ME was the best, etc..

RE: Assetto Corsa - Base content series? - Eero Oittinen - 03-24-2018

Next season has more base content.

RE: Assetto Corsa - Base content series? - Fabian Moz - 04-19-2018

very few competitions, there are no such races as the laguna seca or monza or even a bathrust, or there will be more opportunities to race on these tracks in the future?

RE: Assetto Corsa - Base content series? - Eero Oittinen - 04-19-2018

Just few days ago was mx5 race at Laguna Seca.

RE: Assetto Corsa - Base content series? - Almor R Sousa - 04-19-2018

Here we go again ...

-Some complain for more vanilla content
-Some complain for less vanilla content
-Some complain for more DLC
-Some complain for less DLC
-Some complain for more mods
-Some complain for less mods

RE: Assetto Corsa - Base content series? - Juan Alvarez - 04-20-2018

While we are on the topic of DLC maybe one of you can help me with this doubt. You do have to own all of the cars in a series to be able to take part, isn't that right?

RE: Assetto Corsa - Base content series? - Michael Singhof - 04-20-2018

(04-20-2018, 06:55 AM)JuanĀ Alvarez Wrote:  While we are on the topic of DLC maybe one of you can help me with this doubt. You do have to own all of the cars in a series to be able to take part, isn't that right?

Yes, that ist true.