Sim Racing System
TT Cup setup 1:31:999 - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Setups (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Assetto Corsa (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: TT Cup setup 1:31:999 (/showthread.php?tid=2549)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

TT Cup setup 1:31:999 - Michael Martin - 03-03-2018

I'll post my setup as i'm not going to improve at Brands now. 

This is a setup from scratch with a few hours of testing put in. I've done a 1:31:999

Tyres
[attachment=197]

Fuel 26L

t/c off | abs 1

Areo 0

Alignment
[attachment=198]

damper
[attachment=199]

Diff 3

Brake balance 74

Suspension
[attachment=200]

If people that use it can let us know your lap times be interesting to see how much is setup/driver.

Please also post any tweaks you make so we can all improve

Things to note. I'm not the fastest driver but fairly fast. I use a wheel and pedals. I right foot brake (left leg doesn't work)

Setup file attached 14:37
[attachment=201]

RE: TT Cup setup 1:31:999 - Russell Sobie - 03-03-2018

Thanks for the screenshots. I really wish that AC's setups worked more like rFactor1 where all that stuff was on like 1 or 2 screens.

Might be easier for you (and us?) if you posted the actual INI file of the setup. Navigate to this directory on your hard drive:

C:\Users\[yourUserNameHere]\Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups\ks_audi_tt_cup\ks_brands_hatch\

And zip up the .ini file that is your above setup and then attach it to a forum post (Attachments are at the bottom of the Reply Preview page when posting).

I'll definitely be replicating yours as I've been using some random setup from thesetupmarket for this track. It is okay, but I'm thinking I MIGHT be able to get another whole second off my lap time if I just drove better... but that's not going to hit a .31.

RE: TT Cup setup 1:31:999 - Michael Martin - 03-03-2018

I did try to post the setup file but the forum didn't like the file format. Didn't think to put it in a zip file. I will do that next time I'm at the PC.

It will be interesting to see your feedback. I have tried setupmarket setups before but never got on with them. I don't know if it's just my driving style or the setups.

Generally speaking I can get to within 1 second of the fastest guys depending on track length.

eta: attached the file to first post

RE: TT Cup setup 1:31:999 - Richard Dees - 03-03-2018

I tried your setup and like it, will use it in the race now. I beated my PB, with room to improve.
With default setup or the one I downloaded from the setupmarket, the front left tyre overheated from 5th lap, with yours not. So thanks.

RE: TT Cup setup 1:31:999 - Owen Pyrah - 03-03-2018

Thanks for sharing Michael. Interesting to see how different it is to mine, especially as our pace is the same. I think it must all be preference really.
I attached my setup that did 1:31:963 the last time I raced earlier this week. From memory I had:
  • Front springs at lowest setting, rear at stock.
  • Front ARB at 1, rear at 1 click down from stock (3 I think)
  • Took off some clicks of compression and rebound at front and rear. Think I had a slight bias of slightly more rebound than compression at front to keep the front end down for longer to keep steering tight. Opposite at back to minimise squat at corner exit.
  • Brake bias at 76 to allow me to trail brake deeper towards apex without the back end swinging round too much.
  • Wing at zero as I don't think it gives any more grip but made the car feel less fluid.
  • Toe at zero to get better MPG ha
  • Fuel at 30L because I ran out at Nurburgring and figured a few kilos ballast is better than worrying about fuel.
  • Also I needed to drop my front left tyre to 18 PSI, 2 below the front right tyre.
Might give your settings a go next time I drive so I can wonder how you manage to keep it on the track

RE: TT Cup setup 1:31:999 - Wallace Pinheiro - 03-04-2018

Thanks guys,will try these setups as i'm late to race this week,if i done less than these times i know i have to improve on the driving Smile.

PS: I'am studying setups right now,this knowledge will be used in the last races or only in the next season though.

RE: TT Cup setup 1:31:999 - Michael Martin - 03-04-2018

I'm hoping that this setup will translate to the rbr round as the tracks are similar.
Will try your setups and put them side by side to see how different they are. Maybe add a few tweaks to make a hybrid setup?

Tyre temps have been an issue a main reason for me doing the setup. There is more speed in this setup for sure but it wouldn't last a race. Or a few fast laps then slower laps. As it is I can do 1:32.052 all race long. Which on a race is more important than outright speed imo.

With studying setups it's really usefully to use the in game hints. I have a basic setup knowledge and fine tuned reading what each adjustment makes. Also make small adjustment and test. That way you know more of what's going on.

RE: TT Cup setup 1:31:999 - Owen Pyrah - 03-04-2018

I've just carried across the same setup I started at Nurburgring. I save a new one to the current track and tweak from there. Most of the tweaks I've made are about making the handling make more sense to me so it would get confusing if I kept changing it too much. Mainly just tyre pressure and possibly a click or two on the dampers from track to track, along with continually trying to improve the setup. I don't think there's any settings that would give better performance really, it's a zero sum game. You can get better grip but at some point it's going to negatively effect stability. Then it's either learn to be super smooth with the controls or have less consistent laps and maybe crashes.

My front left tyre gets pretty hot for a lot of Brands too. It cools down enough at other parts of the track so that it doesn't just keep getting hotter every lap. As long as tyres aren't melting I just try to keep the hot pressures around 27/28 PSI each tyre. If they get too hot I'd look at the harder compound.

RE: TT Cup setup 1:31:999 - Pawel Kusmierek - 03-04-2018

Thank you Owen. That was very helpful. While I like the driving part of racing, I am pretty clueless when it comes to setups, and frankly I find fiddling with them rather boring, so it's great if I can use someone's work ;-). The only changes I made was slightly more wing (2, I think), and disabling TC. My lap times went down by more than half a second almost immediately, and also became more consistent. The car feels much better. My lap times are still far from what you guys are getting, but even the best setup can help only so much when the driver has little skill ;-).

RE: TT Cup setup 1:31:999 - Michael Martin - 03-04-2018

Owen, just had a try with your setup. I think you do a lot of trail braking to get yours turned in. When i'm driving i get lots of under steer on turn in.
I personally brake before i start turning where as i think you brake right up to the apex? Keeping on the brake transfers the wight to the front more to turn in better. Maybe because i have quite stiff front springs i use less braking to get get the weight on the front.

Also when your do your setup, toe set to zero isn't really toe 0.00 Its more like -0.40. Check the car status window for the true values. The true values don't matter really as long as the setup works Smile

Pawel you will get there. Practice is key as with anything. Since i got Assetto Corsa i have logged 413 hours. Thats quite alot of practice.