Sim Racing System
Close finish in the MX5 cup - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Close finish in the MX5 cup (/showthread.php?tid=2178)

Close finish in the MX5 cup - Sebastiaan van den Heuvel - 01-23-2018

Had a race 2 weeks ago in the mx5 cup, during the race Russel Sobie and me were constantly switching positions. This went on for the entire race and I had a freaking blast. It also made for the closest finish ive ever had in SRS and i wanted to share it with you guys Tongue  Props to Russel for the close and clean racing!
[Image: close_finish_srs.png]

RE: Close finish in the MX5 cup - Javier Malonda - 01-23-2018

Awesome. Congrats guys for the fine racing!

RE: Close finish in the MX5 cup - João Dias - 01-23-2018

wow! i had one like that once, but the guy was lets say a door in front of me.. this one right there was tight! congratz

RE: Close finish in the MX5 cup - Russell Sobie - 01-23-2018

Hah hah great screenshot. Yup, was fun. It's always nice to be in a race where there's someone just a little bit better than you are to juggle positions with. Hotlapping by yourself gets boring after a few laps (one of the many reasons I avoid 1 hour races). Smile

Edit: Oh, and if you guys don't think this is the closest it's ever been on SRS, I don't think it can be closer mathematically. That's 1 one THOUSANDTH of a second difference across the line. And while he got 6th, I got one more point for the race than Sebastiaan due to him touching one more traffic cone than I did. Big Grin

[Image: zoGzopH.png]

RE: Close finish in the MX5 cup - Javier Malonda - 01-23-2018

I had one of those with Richard Dess and I think... Sebastian Brunier? These guys had also one thousandth of a second difference. Even more so, the broadcast overlay said A was the winner and the official results said B was the winner, so there's that! Big Grin

RE: Close finish in the MX5 cup - Sebastiaan van den Heuvel - 01-24-2018

(01-23-2018, 03:37 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Hah hah great screenshot. Yup, was fun. It's always nice to be in a race where there's someone just a little bit better than you are to juggle positions with. Hotlapping by yourself gets boring after a few laps (one of the many reasons I avoid 1 hour races). Smile

Edit: Oh, and if you guys don't think this is the closest it's ever been on SRS, I don't think it can be closer mathematically. That's 1 one THOUSANDTH of a second difference across the line. And while he got 6th, I got one more point for the race than Sebastiaan due to him touching one more traffic cone than I did. Big Grin

[Image: zoGzopH.png]

oooh i didnt even know this was a thing, thanks for posting! 0.001 difference is indeed the smallest amount of time the app measures so we really got as close as it gets!