Sim Racing System
MX5 race 1900 today - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: MX5 race 1900 today (/showthread.php?tid=2105)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

MX5 race 1900 today - James Bell - 01-11-2018

I feel I need to apologise for tonights race,  Its seemed that my CPU was struggling and on many occasions James would teleport back and forth,
Sorry if I gave anyone a suprise or cause a collision due to ths.
On a side note,  any suggestions on how to stop this?
Thanks
Dave

RE: MX5 race 1900 today - Simon Meisinger - 01-12-2018

sounds more like a connection problem – maybe you had some downloads running in the background?

RE: MX5 race 1900 today - James Bell - 01-12-2018

(01-12-2018, 12:47 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  sounds more like a connection problem – maybe you had some downloads running in the background?

Thanks Simon, it only happens in server 1,  and the message "warning CPU usage at 99%"
Might try turning the quality down a bit

RE: MX5 race 1900 today - Richard Dees - 01-12-2018

(01-12-2018, 01:11 PM)James Bell Wrote:  
(01-12-2018, 12:47 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  sounds more like a connection problem – maybe you had some downloads running in the background?

Thanks Simon, it only happens in server 1,  and the message "warning CPU usage at 99%"
Might try turning the quality down a bit
What´s you PC specs? Does it happen with moded content? Does this 99% cpu usage appear when you use many AIs?
I had these problems too, with official content no problems, but with moded content and full grid (or many AI) it appeared. My pc is now almost 9 years old, my old Graphic Card broke (7850 1gb) I  bought from second hand a 7870 with 2gb and these problems disappear.

CPU is a AMD Phenom II x4 3.0GHZ.

RE: MX5 race 1900 today - Javier Malonda - 01-12-2018

Hi James (father and son),

nice of you to drop a message here. It shows you care. I was on the race, although on the front, but I read someone complain in the chat.

I've had that on my old computer, on which I was running already everything as low a possible. As Richard wisely mentioned, full grids and mods can become too much for some computers. One possible solution is downgrading a bit the visual experience. Smoke generation and reflections require a lot of CPU power, so you can begin with those. Try lowering their qualities a bit.

I hope that helps. Glad to see James keeps on improving. I had the chance to meet him on track at Road America and was amazed that he's only eight years old.

RE: MX5 race 1900 today - James Bell - 01-12-2018

Thanks Javier and Richard,

The CPU is an AMD FX8350 8X 4.000GHz

We have done some testing this evening and lowered the qulity of some effects, However, the biggest factor was how many cars where on track at the same time.
We thought we had resolved the issue and decide to join the Practice, This went well as did Qualifying without any CPU warnings.

But the race was different, With 24 cars and SRS it started to cause problems again, once a couple of drivers had dropped out the last 16 minutes of the race was perfect (apart from some of James' mistakes)
So my thoughts are a new and better CPU is required.

Javier
Thanks for the kind comments, It really does mean alot.
I find all feedback useful but do find somtimes that some drivers blame his age, not his skill or lack of it. I was going to keep his age quiet and was hoping everyone would value him on his skill not his age. But didnt want to decieve anyone.

Just to be in server 1 is an honour

RE: MX5 race 1900 today - Gianni Gentles - 01-12-2018

Hi James

This little tool removes shadows from the game. Lots of people who are using VR use this to allow better frame rate. Follow the install instructions, but you'll need to temporarily disable your anti-virus prog until you've activated it. Don't worry it's definitely not a virus. Lots of us use it without a problem.
Also, don't be too concerned about not having shadows, you'll get used to it after 2 or 3 laps.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-disable-shadows-patcher.17067/

RE: MX5 race 1900 today - Simon Meisinger - 01-13-2018

How much FPS do you have?

My CPU usage uses rises significantly the more FPS I have, so I limited it to 62.

RE: MX5 race 1900 today - Fran Tenreiro - 01-13-2018

If you are on a server, the amount of cars is not important because your CPU didn't have to calculate anything related to those cars. Another thing is when you race offline.

RE: MX5 race 1900 today - Javier Malonda - 01-13-2018

I disagree with that. I've had this warning several times in online races and it disappeared as the race progressed and people dropped out, so I believe there is some CPU relation to the number of cars.