Sim Racing System
Tatuus setup - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Setups (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Assetto Corsa (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Tatuus setup (/showthread.php?tid=1989)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tatuus setup - Jaap Wagenvoort - 12-31-2017

Hello fellow SRS-ers,

Just completely my first full Tatuus season (don't ask how the champ battle was decided Big Grin). During the course of the season I got quite a few requests if I could give my Tatuus seup.

With the season now over I hereby share my Tatuus setup with everyone in one go as promised to everyone who asked for the setup. 

I did work for hours on small refinements to the setup during the season, also thanks to input from others. The setup fast and it is stable. I've been using the setup at Imola and in slightly changed versions also at the previous races.

PS: I've been using the setup with the Logitech G25 set and, in recent weeks, with my new Fanatec CSL Elite wheel & pedals set. The setup works equally well with both sets, so hopefully it works for yours, too.

I hope you appreciate this sharing of my setup and that it makes you even faster. Please let me know how it works for you.

I'm looking forward to race with you again on-track in 2018 - my new years wish for you all is that you'll have the confidence and guts to avoid doing a 'Tobias' in the new year - just don't do it, guys Big Grin  Wink

Good luck all and for now: Happy New YearBig Grin

Jaap Wagenvoort

RE: Tatuus setup - Javier Malonda - 12-31-2017

Thanks for sharing, Jaap. I've been having a hard time setting the Tatuus up for Imola, also in general, so this will help.

Yeah, I don't believe anymore that wheel, or even setup, has such a big influence. I've had Marek's setups, for example, before and was still like a couple of seconds slower. That goes to prove how important drivers are!

Thanks and happy new year, guys!

RE: Tatuus setup - Marek Vons - 12-31-2017

(12-31-2017, 11:24 AM)Jaap Wagenvoort Wrote:  Hello fellow SRS-ers,

(don't ask how the champ battle was decided Big Grin). 
Haha, we all know  Shy  Shame it was happening from a top 10 guy.

Anyway, it was a good season, good battles with you and others. Had a hard time especially at your home field Zaandvort but I have to say that I had a good pace all the season with help from Bas and others with setups, also setup market and race department. But mostly it is about the driver probably like Javier said. Good fights with you and others (but one Shy ) all the season. Hopefully I’ll see you next season as now I am abroad and I dont know when I will join the season. Thanks for the sharing.

Oh and happy new year already for you guys in europe, I still have to wait for it few hours haha

RE: Tatuus setup - Martijn van t Land - 01-01-2018

Hey Jaap,

Thanks for sharing! Although I already did have your setup earlier but didn't really work for me Wink
Was my first real outing in the Tatuus as well and at the start didn't really like the car but it grew on me.
Well you (as always) and others like Marek were to quick for me this season but I tried to give you all a run for your money, at least the first few lapsSmile
Shame you just missed out in the end but to be true maybe it should have been Mareks championship afterall. If only the nurburgring/imola schedule mishap didn't happen...

Now looking forward to race in the Dallara F3 again against you all and be beaten by Jaap again... Smile

RE: Tatuus setup - Ross Macfarlane - 01-02-2018

Will be interesting to see this compared to mine Wink Thanks Jaap

I built my Imola setup in around 20 laps and did something like 50-60 laps of timing.

I just had a go xD

Jaap, how on earth did you get a 43.6 with a car that has the setup of a snowplow. The thing is scraping along the floor without going near the kerbs. Also, the tyre pressures could be fixed a bit.
It was entertaining to see when I loaded your setup after my one. The car just changes so much. Very different setup indeed...

RE: Tatuus setup - Marek Vons - 01-02-2018

Martijn we will still see if SRS can fix that issue with Imola Smile

RE: Tatuus setup - Jaap Wagenvoort - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 02:41 AM)Ross Macfarlane Wrote:  Will be interesting to see this compared to mine Wink Thanks Jaap

I built my Imola setup in around 20 laps and did something like 50-60 laps of timing.

I just had a go xD

Jaap, how on earth did you get a 43.6 with a car that has the setup of a snowplow. The thing is scraping along the floor without going near the kerbs. Also, the tyre pressures could be fixed a bit.
It was entertaining to see when I loaded your setup after my one. The car just changes so much. Very different setup indeed...
Hi Ross!

I guess I see that as a compliment for my driving and not so much for my setup skills then Big Grin I tried to the setup and in the end I was quite confident driving it and used your Imola time as a benchmark and ended up doing 43-ers with it.

Must say that with your remarks I'm now very interested in your Tatuus setup. Probably others as well. Would be great for all of us here if you'd like to share it, too!

See you all in the F3 hopefully. Missed that car even though like Martijn said the Tatuus has finally grown on me and Tatuus and me finally starting developing some Heart over the past weeks  Cool

(01-02-2018, 04:15 AM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Martijn we will still see if SRS can fix that issue with Imola Smile
I agree with Martijn here: Marek was the deserved champion of the Tatuus season. However, mistakes can happen and Marek already has enough championships. Tobias just took his 1st championship, it's good to share a little Wink

A different championship structure with less chance of equal point finishes is better though. The current system favors those with lots of time on their hands to do 5 races every week.

I really liked the structure of the RSR F3 championship early 2017 with daily races during the week, but one big mandatory race on Saturday. No hiding, you just had to face the rivals and beat them. I liked that  Cool

RE: Tatuus setup - Marek Vons - 01-02-2018

Sounds like a good thing Smile

RE: Tatuus setup - Ross Macfarlane - 01-02-2018

Yeah I might be willing to hand over my Tatuus setup. At one small cost. Martijn's Dallara F3 setup! xD

To be honest. All that is truly different is the ride heights. I actually liked the different gearing you put on your setup as well.

RE: Tatuus setup - Martijn van t Land - 01-02-2018

Hi Ross,

Wait till you see Jaap's laptimes in the F3 and you want his setup! Wink