Sim Racing System
Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bugs & Troubleshooting (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. (/showthread.php?tid=1983)

Pages: 1 2 3

Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. - Peter Orban - 12-30-2017

Hi,
Ever since AC v1.16, whenever I click Standings then Races, the screen flashes up but then the entire SRS user interface disappears.
It only comes back if I restart AC. Is there any reload button or something for this? It's basically only a web page and F5 don't work.
It would be great if the screen scaled properly to my monitors resolution as well. The entire right side of the interface is off the screen, where the player names would be after a race. I can never see who's who. Single Screen and Full Screen are checked, AC itself has no problems scaling. Only positive thing about this is that I can't see the ads either Smile
Thanks.

RE: Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. - Peter Orban - 01-11-2018

Anyone?

RE: Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. - Michael Butler - 01-11-2018

(01-11-2018, 10:28 AM)Peter Orban Wrote:  Anyone?

try clicking the Race button again after you view the standings, it should reload then. I have the same problem if i click one of those ads I can't get back unless i reload AC.

RE: Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. - Russell Sobie - 01-11-2018

Not sure if this will help your issues, but there's an alternate (and much faster) AC launcher called "Content Manager" (http://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html) that also integrates the SRS UI into it. It's a wonderful program.

I HAVE seen recently that after you sign up for a race, the "Please wait" dialog takes a much longer time to show up, and causes Content Manager to hang until it fixes itself. So I wonder if something has changed on the website that is shown to the app that is causing this issue?

RE: Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. - Peter Orban - 01-25-2018

(01-11-2018, 11:23 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  

try clicking the Race button again after you view the standings, it should reload then. I have the same problem if i click one of those ads I can't get back unless i reload AC.

Thanks Michael, but the entire SRS interface disappears along with the Race button.
P.

(01-11-2018, 04:52 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Not sure if this will help your issues, but there's an alternate (and much faster) AC launcher called "Content Manager" (http://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html) that also integrates the SRS UI into it. It's a wonderful program.

I HAVE seen recently that after you sign up for a race, the "Please wait" dialog takes a much longer time to show up, and causes Content Manager to hang until it fixes itself. So I wonder if something has changed on the website that is shown to the app that is causing this issue?

Hi Russell,

I've been considering Content Manager but it seems to be too much of a hassle. With all the other crap I have to deal with keeping my sims running, I don't need another one. I'm sick and tired of being an unpaid beta tester for "developers".

Thanks,
P.

PS.
Still waiting for a reply from SRS!

RE: Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. - simracingsystem - 01-25-2018

I have checked your account for errors, sometimes fixes some glitches but you should delete your launcherdata folder at mydocs/assetto corsa.

You must be using an unusual resolution. You can adjust the size of the iframe at

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\srs\srs.html
search for width=" and reduce it.

RE: Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. - Russell Sobie - 01-26-2018

(01-25-2018, 06:40 PM)Peter Orban Wrote:  
(01-11-2018, 11:23 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  

Thanks Michael, but the entire SRS interface disappears along with the Race button.
P.

(01-11-2018, 04:52 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Not sure if this will help your issues, but there's an alternate (and much faster) AC launcher called "Content Manager" (http://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html) that also integrates the SRS UI into it. It's a wonderful program.

Hi Russell,

I've been considering Content Manager but it seems to be too much of a hassle. With all the other crap I have to deal with keeping my sims running, I don't need another one. I'm sick and tired of being an unpaid beta tester for "developers".

Thanks,
P.

PS.
Still waiting for a reply from SRS!

The dev for Content Manager is quite prolific. Yes, you would be an unpaid beta tester... but it IS free, and it is a giant improvement over the default UI for Assetto Corsa. Nevermind the fact that getting in and out of the game is blindingly fast. And it lets you do other nice things like pop mods in and out in case there are multiple versions of a track you want to quickly have access to without juggling folders yourself. Basically I can't say enough good about it. Give it a shot. Even if you don't move over to using it for Mod management it is simply an improvement on starting Assetto Corsa.

RE: Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. - Peter Orban - 01-31-2018

(01-25-2018, 07:42 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  I have checked your account for errors, sometimes fixes some glitches but you should delete your launcherdata folder at mydocs/assetto corsa.

You must be using an unusual resolution. You can adjust the size of the iframe at

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\srs\srs.html
search for width="  and reduce it.

Administrator,

Thanks for the checkup and reply!

You're on to something but only half way.

I'm forced to use nVidia "Adjust Desktop Size and Position"
720p @ 1216x684 because of my Panasonic VIERA TV.
Without it, my Windows desktop edges go off screen.
Resolution in AC is the same.

Setting width="1150"  to  width="950" in srs.html
solves the off screen issue in SRS UI, but the
disappearing act of the Races button still remains.
(renamed my launcherdata folder as suggested)

Clicking Fastest Laps or Standings in SRS works great.
Both screens show up fine, but as soon as I click
Races, it flashes up for a second and then disappears.

SRS UI is then completely gone until I restart AC.

I tried 1280x720 in Display/AC but same thing happens.

Reminder, this happens only since AC v1.16.2
Before that it worked properly.

Here's a video of it in action.
https://tinyurl.com/SRS-Race

Thx.
Pete

RE: Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. - Michael Butler - 02-01-2018

(01-31-2018, 08:56 PM)Peter Orban Wrote:  
(01-25-2018, 07:42 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  I have checked your account for errors, sometimes fixes some glitches but you should delete your launcherdata folder at mydocs/assetto corsa.

Administrator,

You're on to something but only half way.

I'm forced to use nVidia "Adjust Desktop Size and Position"
720p @ 1216x684 because of my Panasonic VIERA TV.
Without it, my Windows desktop edges go off screen.
Resolution in AC is the same.

Setting width="1150"  to  width="950" in srs.html
solves the off screen issue in SRS UI, but the
disappearing act of the Races button still remains.
(renamed my launcherdata folder as suggested)

Clicking Fastest Laps or Standings in SRS works great.
Both screens show up fine, but as soon as I click
Races, it flashes up for a second and then disappears.

SRS UI is then  completely gone until I restart AC.

I tried 1280x720 in Display/AC but same thing happens.

Reminder, this happens only since AC v1.16.2
Before that it worked properly.

Here's a video of it in action.

Thx.
Pete

Peter, just click on the RACE button at top not RACES, if you want to view the stats and race results just go to the website by clicking the SRS logo at the top and your default browser will pop up...just use the app to RACE and see what happens....The RACE button with the DOWN arrow is a dropdown box with another "RACE" inside the dropdown...click it to register or refresh. I never use the app to view standings or results, just to RACE.

RE: Assetto SRS UI disappears and other woes. - Peter Orban - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 12:16 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(01-31-2018, 08:56 PM)Peter Orban Wrote:  

Administrator,

You're on to something but only half way...

-------------SNIP----------

...Here's a video of it in action.

Thx.
Pete

Peter, just click on the RACE button at top not RACES, if you want to view the stats and race results just go to the website by clicking the SRS logo at the top and your default browser will pop up...just use the app to RACE and see what happens....The RACE button with the DOWN arrow is a dropdown box with another "RACE" inside the dropdown...click it to register or refresh. I never use the app to view standings or results, just to RACE.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the input, that's exactly what I've been doing, but the in-game site is a convenient way to see how many laps they did the previous race. That way I can calculate the amount of fuel I will need for my session. Anyway, I  hope this gets sorted out since, as I mentioned, it worked fine a few AC versions ago.

Just for the record, the same thing happens on my wife's PC. They are identical, Gigabyte MB, Intel Q9650, GTX650Ti/750Ti
4GB Ram, SSDs, and Windows 7-64.

Pete