Sim Racing System
Personal Skins - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Personal Skins (/showthread.php?tid=1963)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Personal Skins - Afonso Quelhas - 12-28-2017

Hi.
This is the third time i see someone on the servers using my personal skin, witch has my name, my personal number, my country flag and some... "graphics"   : )   so is hard not to notice that it is a someones personal skin. Even so...

- First time, i only saw it at the end of the race, so i let it go, thinking it was a bug or a error.
Second time, i managed to ask the driver why he was using my skin, he just disconnected from the server.
Third time (today), saw another driver using my skin and having a very bad conduct on track (report).
I thought the skin app and SRS app would not allow a driver with a specific name to use the skin of another driver with a different name or am i wrong?
Or is it a bug?

RE: Personal Skins - Ander Porteiro - 12-28-2017

Today a guy using my personal skin had problems in race with other driver. Then the other driver decided to get even and waited for him. So, when he saw my skin coming in his mirror decided to act... but in this case that was me...   Dodgy
I will report that.

RE: Personal Skins - Ángel Alcaniz - 12-28-2017

SRS app downloads skins to your game folder, so once its downloaded you can just rename that folder to your name and get into a race with it as we always do, but as far as the app cant discern between files, it just only takes into considerationif the name of the folder is yours (it lets you race correctly) or not (it doesnt)

RE: Personal Skins - Russell Sobie - 12-29-2017

I think it is more simple than that... basically once SRS skin app has downloaded your skin to someone's computer, they can select it. Then anyone that ALSO has your skin will see them with your skin. I'm not sure if the SRS skin app will UPLOAD a skin that doesn't match your name, but again, if anyone has your skin and that's the skin someone else is using, that is what they will see. I'm not sure there's really anything that can be done about it.

Good thing is, people shouldn't bother reporting people for bad behavior based on what skin they have on, but instead use  the "show driver names".

I've had people accidentally use my skin because my skins are so awesome, so really you guys should just be flattered. Big Grin

RE: Personal Skins - Afonso Quelhas - 12-29-2017

Well on that first point, if it does work like that, and people can just choose anyone's else skins...that actually ruins the all meaning and purpose of making and having a personal skin in my opinion.
Or there should be a rule on only using your own skin and some free package ones available... or if not,  maybe the information that your personal skin can be copy and used on servers should be available clearly on the forum or the skin app thread.    
Btw, you have misunderstood me,  i didn't said i did a report because someone was using my skin. It was a accident/s caused by a blue flagged car...that was using my skin. And I use realtime app... "show driver names" just makes it look arcade.
Well is a little hard to be flattered, when you see someone using your skin, with your name written in it and your flag, making a complete mess out of a race live on youtube, now isn't Russell?  : (

RE: Personal Skins - Russell Sobie - 12-29-2017

No, I didn't misunderstand. Basically if someone is going to report an incident, you HAVE to show driver names in the video in some way, so the skin is mostly irrelevant. Certainly having people choose your skin isn't ideal, and I wouldn't be opposed to any rules specifying that you can't do that. I guess I'm just not as annoyed by it as you are. The one instance where someone chose my skin I actually PMed them and offered to make one for them specifically. He declined however, having had someone else make him one in the meantime.

I would recommend just sending a polite message to anyone using your named skin and ask them not to in the future?

RE: Personal Skins - Afonso Quelhas - 12-30-2017

(12-29-2017, 11:52 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  No, I didn't misunderstand. Basically if someone is going to report an incident, you HAVE to show driver names in the video in some way, so the skin is mostly irrelevant. Certainly having people choose your skin isn't ideal, and I wouldn't be opposed to any rules specifying that you can't do that. I guess I'm just not as annoyed by it as you are. The one instance where someone chose my skin I actually PMed them and offered to make one for them specifically. He declined however, having had someone else make him one in the meantime.

I would recommend just sending a polite message to anyone using your named skin and ask them not to in the future?

Yes you did misunderstand...because you replied and implied - " people shouldn't bother reporting people for bad behavior based on what skin they have on " witch is something didn't do.
And also the problem i was talking about wasn't about skins on reports either....but the simple fact of people using other people's personal skins.

One quick and simple rule, would save a lot of time wasted sending polite messages to impolite people... Besides, on that line of thought i also think that it should be the person that want's to use your skin to send a message and not the other way around.

RE: Personal Skins - Russell Sobie - 12-30-2017

You'd be surprised at how well a polite message to an impolite person will go. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

RE: Personal Skins - Bryan Happel - 12-30-2017

i was going to make a skin. when i saw that anyone could use the skin, i decided not to make it.
i agree with everything Afonso said.

RE: Personal Skins - Afonso Quelhas - 12-30-2017

(12-30-2017, 02:04 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  You'd be surprised at how well a polite message to an impolite person will go. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No problem Russell, i know you were trying to help.  ; )

I just wanted to know if there was something that could be done to avoid this or not...
Because if it continues, i must delete all my actual skins, which would suck... because most of them have my name and country flag printed on it and obviously i don't want people using it.
And i'm guessing i won't be the only one... and then in the end we all going to lose a bit of realism and color on races and broadcasts because people then won't bother to make personal skins and will be all using the same included skin packages or default skins. That would be a shame and a step backwards in my opinion.